Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

feeler: LN2 dewer

I recently obtained some scientific equipment among which were two liquid nitrogen dewers of appx. 4 L volume. I can't see myself ever needing two and am considdering selling the second one.

I figure lasers and ln2 together make for some good experiments (seen some cool things done before.)

I don't have any way of posting epics at the moment, but I'm justlooking for interest at the moment, pics will follow soon.

Normally these go I the $300+ range, but I cant say I spent that much and would like to make this equipment avalible to someone whom might put on a good show to the members of LPF. :)

Post an interested price range, suplimental trade, questions, comments. Ill do my best to answer.

FYI : its double wall metal with a vaccume attachment on bottom. I'm considering giving it a new paint job as well, this ones a little scratched up. (Not dammaged, just old paint.)

Update: here are some pics i took this morning. the blue one is the one im considering selling (with a possible paint job, but its not that bad)

this is a non-pressurized vesicles, meaning the LN2 is not pressurised.

downloadfilet.jpg

Last edited:
Update: here are some pics i took this morning. the blue one is the one im considering selling (with a possible paint job, but its not that bad)

this is a non-pressurized vesicles, meaning the LN2 is not pressurised.

:thinking: am i missing something or are these pictures just not there? i see the file in the quote now but doesnt show up in the thread.

I may be open to trade for parts to make a nice 445.

I post this as a fealer only because I feel the need to test it first ;)

If interested tell me what you think it's worth. :D

Last edited:
Hi,
I've been searching for a second-hand dewar, and finally it seems I've found one :drool:. I have a 445nm laser (9mm, C6 Aurora extended 2x18650, 3-element lens) that I don't use anymore, perfectly working but you may want to spend some of your time to make it look prettier than it actually is.
What are the dewar specifications? Capacity? Is it working? What's the evaporation rate? Do you have other dewar (maybe more recent)? It doesn't matter if it's ugly, I'm more concerned about its specs. However it looks pretty old. It looks to be a 5-10L dewar. If it has a evaporation rate below 0,2L/day, 250-300$ are fine.
p.s. I'm from Italy, this could be a serious problem for shipping :cryyy:

Daniele

Last edited:
Well its a 4 liter dewer. I havnt tested it yet, but it has a port to re evacuate the cylander if its low. My guess is somewhere between .4 to .6 liter per day depending on the vaccume... .6 if there isn't a good vaccume.

I still need to go out to get some LN2 to test it. It'll probably be a few days, have a lot of things lined up.
How many watts is the 445? What host?
send me a pm and some pics, we might be able to work something out.

Well, the specs of the laser are shown above. The laser's output is above 2W, I don't have a LPM so I can't say the precise power output. I'm interested only if the evaporation rate is below .5L/day, nevertheless we can define a balance. I never used dewars with a port to evacuate the cylinder. I trust you but are you sure of what you're saying O.O?
p.s. I need the dewar as soon aw possible. I'll send you some pics of the laser, but I need to have some more info ;). Can you ship to Italy within 1-2 weeks?

Last edited: