Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

fears about new diode

+ I really want to create a topic about this diode-and I'm talking about them-they are NDB7B77
--
I have a little suspense because of the datasheet parameters because they are like an upgraded version of ndb7875-If this is the case, then the probability that they will reach 4W + is possible - they are sold on the civillaser for $ 70 and I bought one two weeks ago -But what I am worried about is that, according to DTR, this is a fake diode - but it's strange when so many websites have sold them - I need your opinion on this diode.:eek::eek:
P/S:
I will build a mini laserpointer with this diode if they are really good:drool:

do you have a psu and lpm?if so i strongly recommend to make a nice test for yourself first to find the sweet spot for the diode as this is kinda new diode to lpf so nobody have tested it yet.if you don't own an lpm then i suggest you to go with the datasheet as you can easily fry the diode with higher currents especially if this is from chinese manufacturer

Last edited:
If you have one coming then do a power test and note the voltage and current then let us know what you found, also the divergence by measure the line at 5 meters using a G2 lens.

As far as the image at civil lasers, the window is too wide and it has 3 pins, the only 1 notch lines up with the 3rd pin just like an 808nm diode, it looks like an 808nm 9mm diode, such as this one > https://www.ebay.com/itm/QSI-QL80T4...m=191004695380&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Nicha-450nm-2.3W-laser-diode.jpg

Nicha-450nm-2.3W-laser-diode(1).jpg

The window should be smaller and it should have 2 pins.

59566d1522696763-fears-about-new-diode-smallwindow.jpg

Attachments

• smallwindow.JPG
    smallwindow.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Reactions: GSS