Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FDA Compliant Laser Pointer Exporters?

Can anyone suggest a company that exports laser pointers that are FDA compliant? It was recently brought to my attention that almost none of the Chinese exporters I have been dealing with are actually shipping FDA compliant products; additionally, the very few that claim to be FDA compliant will submit inaccurate accession numbers or accession numbers for different laser products. (Not Pointers)

I have searched extensively and no distributor I have come across has been able to produce the required documentation. It seems like the only way to legally distribute laser pointers is to take matters into your own hands and work directly with a factory to produce a pointer from the ground up that is entirely compliant.

I should mention I am particularly interested in wholesale distributors; not retail. I now have a lot more respect for companies like "Z-Bolt" who have gone through all the legal hoops to be able to sell their products. Z-Bolt actually seems to be the only company I can find that legally distributes laser pointers in the United States. (Besides a particular model sold by Wicked Lasers) - I imagine it costs a fortune to do this which explains their pricey product.

Can anyone provide some insight or is this situation really as hopeless as it seems?

Best Regards

Last edited:

Unfortunately I do not think Laserglow is involved in wholesale distribution of their products. Companies like Laserglow are well aware of the fact that they are one of the few stocking compliant products. I imagine it is in their best interest to prevent competition by only selling their products in a retail capacity :cryyy:

Ahh, sorry, scanned through your post way too quickly, missed the part that you're looking for wholesale distribution. I would still give LG a shot, see what they say.

Not to bump an old thread or anything but I just wanted to share my findings for any potential readers

CNI Lasers is the only manufacturer I have found that has their 5mW green laser pointer registered with the FDA. I contacted an agent at the FDA and they confirmed for me that the accession number I was provided with is both recent and in good standing.

Similar to every other Chinese manufacturer, the accession number provided by BOB Lasers yields no results and their company is actually on the FDA's red list for imports.

Just thought I would share

THESE GUYS claim they are FDA compliant...
I tried researching how wickedlasers became a compliant retailer but I was unable to find anything helpful.
So I went to the Wickedlasers website and I can't find a Krypton over 100mW.
I remember back in 2007 seeing a 1000mW Krypton from them

THESE GUYS claim they are FDA compliant...
I tried researching how wickedlasers became a compliant retailer but I was unable to find anything helpful.
So I went to the Wickedlasers website and I can't find a Krypton over 100mW.
I remember back in 2007 seeing a 1000mW Krypton from them

A lot of manufacturers claim to be FDA compliant when they really are not. You can easily verify this by requesting for them to disclose the accession number. You can contact the FDA through their website and ask them to verify the legitimacy of the accession number. Unsurprisingly, the majority do not exist and the few that do exist are outdated and the FDA has since requested they re-submit the appropriate documentation.

I am fairly certain Wicked Lasers is actually not FDA compliant even though they claim to be. (Why would their name be on this list if they were?)

A lot of manufacturers claim to be FDA compliant when they really are not.

I am fairly certain Wicked Lasers is actually not FDA compliant even though they claim to be. (Why would their name be on this list if they were?)

Do you know anything about why WickedLasers only sells a 100mW green laser now? what happened to the more powerful ones? - Since I wasn't able to find any concrete information I thought because of their popularity it was an FDA issue

Hmm, they were still selling over version a few weeks ago. That's rather odd.

My guess is it's probably a supply issue... maybe they ran low on modules? If it was any kind of legality issue they wouldn't still be offering the "1W" or 1.25W arctics.

Besides, what do they care about FDA compliance, at worst a laser they sent gets destroyed... they aren't a US based company, and with no US presence.

Justin

Laserglow definitely supplies laser pointers in wholesale quantities. We supply a few American distributors with thousands at a time, though they are private labelled so you would not know they were ours. Please contact our sales department if you would like a quote. We are FDA compliant and have valid accession numbers and all that.

Laserglow definitely supplies laser pointers in wholesale quantities. We supply a few American distributors with thousands at a time, though they are private labelled so you would not know they were ours. Please contact our sales department if you would like a quote. We are FDA compliant and have valid accession numbers and all that.

I did

Thank you for your interest in Laserglow.

Please view our products online and let us know if there are devices you are interested in. We do not offer exclusive or ‘wholesale’ distribution of our products.

Regards, Scott

Justin

I'm going to have to speak with Scott about this. He may have misinterpreted something.

Please forward your inquiry directly to me at jhosaki@laserglow.com and I'll take care of you.

Encap

You had best look into what the rules and regualtions are if you intend to sell anything greater than 5mw from within the USA.

FDA sees anyone engaging in commerce within the USA selling lasers as a manufacturer who must abide by all the rules and regulations.

You had best look into what the rules and regualtions are if you intend to sell anything greater than 5mw from within the USA.

FDA sees anyone engaging in commerce within the USA selling lasers as a manufacturer who must abide by all the rules and regulations.

Of course :beer: