Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Faulty DX 50mw ???

garyd

Hi

I have just received my DX 50mw, I am using Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries (not sure if these are alot different to the E2's) My problem is the beam isn’t that visible, you have to be inside and even then its hard to see, you have to have your eye right behind the laser and look in it's direction to see it.

The laser doesn’t burn anything and I feel no heat when I shine it on my hand.

And ideas if this is a dud?

T

timelord

It sounds about right for a 50mw, outside in daylight you won't see the beam only the dot. Even inside with a 125mw the beam is only just visible in daylight but at night then it should be very visible. If your worried about your power output then some of us here have laserchecks and will gladly test it for you, as long as you pay the postage both ways ;) I'm in the UK and have a lasercheck but if your in the USA maybe SenKat or stevetexas can help you out... :)

Attachments

• S1030207_640x480_004.JPG
    S1030207_640x480_004.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 84

garyd

Thanks for the offer, if you think that it sounds about right then I won’t bother. Am waiting for DX 200mw to be delivered, hope this helps me get over the disappointment of the 50mw.

Going back to my 50mw, Iv read on many posts that the 50mw will produce enough heat to pop balloons and light matches etc ... my farts produce more heat then this laser.

S

SenKat

garyd said:
... on many posts that the 50mw will produce enough heat to pop balloons and light matches etc ... my farts produce more heat then this laser.

LMAO !!!! I am not exactly certain what goggles to recommend for protection from those farts of yours, man..... ROFL !!!! I WOULD recommend a respirator of some variety, though ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! ;D ;D ;D

T

timelord

garyd said:
Thanks for the offer, if you think that it sounds about right then I won’t bother. Am waiting for DX 200mw to be delivered, hope this helps me get over the disappointment of the 50mw.

Going back to my 50mw, Iv read on many posts that the 50mw will produce enough heat to pop balloons and light matches etc ... my farts produce more heat then this laser.

Give or take + or - in mw's, a 50mw laser is just in the threshold to pop balloons so if you can do this with a 50mw then you've got a good one ;)

garyd

Am changing my opinion on this laser very quickly, may be I was a little to quick to judge. The Sun has gone but can see the beam clearly in standard room light, quite impressed when shining outside in the dark.

Not sure if this is due to it getting better as time goes or to the fact that I decided to heat up the batteries with a lighter for a second (I know not advisable) but there is defiantly a difference.

Now cannot wait for my 200mw

S

SenKat

What I have done in the past when I had temperature sensitive lasers - I would tuck them under my leg while I sat - heating them up to 98 degrees or so, then try them out. I found that the DX New Wish lasers LIKE to be warmed up a tad bit first before playing :)

Sprint

garyd said:

The DX 30mw can pop balloons. My DX 30 can pop balloons and burn black trash bags. I will assume the 50mw can do the same thing, but better.