Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eye Protection For 803T Blu-Ray

I have seen yes, no and maybe concerning using (red lens) goggles for green lasers to effectively protect us while using Blu's. Has anyone done any definitive testing on this? This should be a pretty important topic considering how many Blu-Rays are being built and used. Like I've said before, I'm just a student here and would greatly appreciate hearing from the experts on this forum. Thanks guys.
Rob

daguin

photongeek said:
I have seen yes, no and maybe concerning using (red lens) goggles for green lasers to effectively protect us while using Blu's. Has anyone done any definitive testing on this? This should be a pretty important topic considering how many Blu-Rays are being built and used. Like I've said before, I'm just a student here and would greatly appreciate hearing from the experts on this forum. Thanks guys.
Rob

I know that OEM's AL2 and AL3 goggles protect from below 405nm to above 532nm.  Not all red lens goggles will protect that wide a range.  Plus, some of the cheaper goggles (read that Chinese goggles) use dyes that will bleach with a direct hit.  They cost a little more, but they are cheaper than feeding your seeing eye dog the rest of your life.  

I think y'all just missed a GB for them.

Peace,
dave

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1202742071/116#116

i have a feeler thread on getting them made buy laser wave. we just need like 15 more people.

check my thread for the link.