Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Extremely simple phr driver

I bought my friends xbox 360 hd-dvd drive for 15 bucks :p I want to make an EXTREMELY simple phr driver I can use a 9v battery with. It needs to put out anywhere from 100-120ma (whatever uses less resistors or whatever) and give the diode the current it needs. I do not want it to be adjustable whatsoever. As long as it puts out 100-120ma its fine. I have tons of resistors and junk and I might as well use em. And I just rolled over my lm317 that I dropped on the floor about 3 hours ago so please keep that in mind lol.

Sorry, it's the newer hd drive so it has the 803t

The lm317 driver is really the simplest you can solder together. You could buy a rkcstr driver alternatively, but soldering together the lm317 driver with a set resistor would be the easiest to make yourself, and be cheapest too. For picking your resistor to use with the lm317, remember current = 1.25 divided by resistance. Eg: 10 ohms would give you 125mA of current.

yea the lm317 wil do just fine its more then stable enouch the drive a laser diode when diode current is properly set

Yeah you can build the driver pretty fast, you can get the parts at most electronics stores if you don't want to wait and order them online. I got all my first set from Radio Shack.