Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Experiment involving doing business with Nautilus Integration (drlava)

Since the recent poll thread concerning drlava has been closed I'll post here. I've long been aware that it seems people who are primarily PhotonLexicon members never seem to have any issue dealing with drlava.. items ship fast, the communication is excellent and generally his customer service for PL members is top notch. If you are a member of LPF, however, all too often there are reports of atrocious customer service from many people.. this has always seemed suspect to me, and as much as many PL members like to claim that they harbor no hostility or ill-will towards our LPF community, the reality of their words and actions over time says otherwise. There has been much speculation among members here as to why drlava seems to not care at all that lately our community's experiences with him directly are bad more often than good. When I think of possible reasons for this, a major possibility in my mind is that drlava knows he is the only main source for his parts.. and I suspect he has decided to discriminate against our community as a matter of course simply because he can.

On the Nautilus Integration order pages the buyer is asked to provide information as to which forum they belong to. I wonder what would happen if all LPF members simply stopped stating that they are from LPF, or better yet obtained a PL account with a different user name and order under that ID. I'd wager lava's customer service would magically improve many times over. At the very least it would be far more difficult to discriminate against people based on what forum they call home.

Personally, I think that if such an experiment was conducted and the results are what I think they will be, drlava should be banned from selling to our community outright. Not his products, there are reputable dealers who will provide them to our community without any hassle.. just him and his website should be banned from posting and being posted. People who actively engage in malice towards our community deserve nothing less IMO.

Just my $.02.. Lava will never get another dollar of my money directly, only through distributors otherwise I would test my theory.. If anyone decides that they want to try this experiment, I would ask that you describe the outcome here afterwords. I could be completely wrong here, but I could also be right.

Last edited:

I agree In every way and form. I know for a fact that I had a retailer of his products ask him a question for me and he responded in under a day. I asked him a question a day later myself including my LPF account name in case he needed to contact me through here and its been four months and I don't think he is responding. Customer service is hard to come by these days. That's why when I find a seller that provides it I stick to them. :undecided: