Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Excellent LaserBTB Experience

Hello fellow laser lovers. I just wanted to let everyone know that my recent (and first) purchase from LaserBTB went even better than expected! I ordered a 50mW 532nm pointer and their 1W 445nm PL series unit. While I’d love to offer a full, detailed, and scientific review of the lasers themselves, my current lack of experience and testing equipment isn’t sufficient for that at present. Also, I realized that these have been “officially” reviewed before. But, here’s what I can say based on my knowledge and this experience with them:

Inquiry / Order / Shipping Updates:
I emailed them with a question before purchase, and they responded thoroughly and quickly.
The website checkout process and PayPal transaction at purchase went very smooth. Within a few days, I had an email update telling me that my lasers were in production. Within a few more days, I had an email update telling me that they had shipped and giving me my DHL tracking number.

Lead Time:
I had my lasers in my hand 12 days from ordering them!!

Packaging:
It’s a LONG way from Hong Kong to Michigan via common carrier, and my lasers were well packaged, each in their own cases, individual boxes, misc packaging materials (newspaper and bubble wrap), with both cardboard boxes wrapped together with two layers of plastic packaging (with tap) inside of the DHL bag.

Included Items (and Extras):
The 50mW 532nm pointer came in it’s nice case with one tail switch key, but also with an unexpected, smaller replacement threaded tail cap (without a switch in it). I thought this was a nice add-in option!

In the box with the above pointer was also an unexpected pair of safety glasses. They are unmarked, and I don’t have test equipment, but still a VERY nice throw-in item and probably fine for the 50mW they came with!

The 1W 445nm PL Series Laser came in a nice case as expected, also with two keys to the case latches, two safety switch keys, the 3.5mm tail cap safety switch plug, and a free 16340 charger (I have a Nitcore i2 that I will be using, however). Also, there was a nice little, very low-profile “pin” installed in the tail cap safety plug. This tiny pin is great to have and leave in, as this unit already has a safety key switch and a twistable lens cover for safety. I am especially pleased about this, as the bigger 3.5mm plug option would add length and “get in the way” of handling this very rock-solid piece of equipment. The LED on the PL glows green when the laser is “armed” (pin/plug in the tail cap, and safety key switch in the green/on position).

Build Quality:
Again, without having the experience to speak to this much, the build quality of these items appear fantastic. Everything fits together very well, switches, beams and LED indicator lights are perfectly centered, all of the threads are very well done. Both of these things feel rock solid!
Sorry for lack of info on the actual beams…..I have no LPM’s or testing equipment, and don’t know how to measure divergence, etc. The beam profiles look great to me ;)

Other Comments:
These are my first decent lasers, and I’m more excited than a kid on Christmas!

I respect the burners here, but I’m more about the beautiful beams and throw distance. The focusable PL 445nm color is even more beautiful than I had imagined, with more of a purple hue than I was expecting (which I absolutely love)! As most of you know, these two colors go amazingly well together.

Last night my new Olight 16340’s came in, so I took both lasers out to a frozen, snow-covered inland lake for a first use. What a great place to test these out! I then headed out to a local dune area where people were sledding in the dark. I (carefully) started shining both of these together up on the tops of the snow-covered pine trees, which line the tops of the dunes. Everyone in the entire areas just stopped and stared. I could hear them talking about it. It was a cool and surreal moment for me!

Anyway, I apologize for the lack of tech specs and beam shots, but thought I’d share what I could about my great newbie experience with this supplier. Looking fwd to buying more :D

20160118_180833_opt_zpsuocibh3a.jpg

20160118_180554_opt_zpsnzbahkcj.jpg

Last edited:

when you ordeer anything from Hong Kong things never go Wrong!!!
Hong Kong sellers are excellent to deal with.... Their English are beyond ....

congrats good to hear you are happy with what you bought treat them well and they will last for many years.

Hey Robin/offroads,
Nice to see you here again! Will there ever be a GB#6?

Hey Robin/offroads,
Nice to see you here again! Will there ever be a GB#6?

Hi Bruce,

I was never gone. Just not posting :) about the GB i believe i did 7ish? But last two times we barely got our goal. We sometimes even did not get it. Therefore it was shut down. Maybe in the future we can do another. We just need enough interested people.

Greetings,

Robin

Hi offroads,
All of your efforts were and are greatly appreciated!