Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

erase

Toke

Re: Help again please about driver!!!

I can't see the whole test load, but guess you have to solder together the two "blue" areas. Whether the "red" dots have to be soldered or not is simple to test by turning your multimeter to the diode symbol at 5 o'clock. The diode voltage drop should measure higher for blue. (4,5V vs. 2,5V for 9 and 5 diodes)

You measure current either by measuring the voltage across a 1 ohm resistor on the test load, use the 2000m setting (10 o'clock). The reading in millivolt will be equal to the milliamps going through the resistor.

You could also use the milliamp settings on the meter (200m at 4 o'clock), then you will have to place it in series with the load, and there is a risk of blowing the fuse inside it.
(you can use it as one of the leads for the test load, but not diode, it can't take interruptions of supply)

A safer way is to move the red test lead one hole up and point the dial at it, the 10A setting. The resolution of the meter may not be too accurate at 10A setting, you will just have to try.

Important.
When measuring volts, you connect your meter in parallel.
When measuring amps, you connect your meter in series.

I can't see the whole test load, but guess you have to solder together the two "blue" areas. Whether the "red" dots have to be soldered or not is simple to test by turning your multimeter to the diode symbol at 5 o'clock. The diode voltage drop should measure higher for blue. (4,5V vs. 2,5V for 9 and 5 diodes)

You measure current either by measuring the voltage across a 1 ohm resistor on the test load, use the 2000m setting (10 o'clock). The reading in millivolt will be equal to the milliamps going through the resistor.

You could also use the milliamp settings on the meter (200m at 4 o'clock), then you will have to place it in series with the load, and there is a risk of blowing the fuse inside it.
(you can use it as one of the leads for the test load, but not diode, it can't take interruptions of supply)

A safer way is to move the red test lead one hole up and point the dial at it, the 10A setting. The resolution of the meter may not be too accurate at 10A setting, you will just have to try.

Important.
When measuring volts, you connect your meter in parallel.
When measuring amps, you connect your meter in series.

Thank you so much Toke. the dummy drive has 6 diodes.

Toke

Thank you so much Toke. the dummy drive has 6 diodes.

Each diode have a 0,55V voltage drop, you should be able to measure that individually with the diode setting and a bit of deftness.:) (no point really)
I do not own a dummy load, I just place some diodes in screw connectors when I need one. 2,5V and 4,5V is what I would use, I could be wrong as 3V fit a fully loaded red diode.

On the dummy load, you would have to disconnect the red if one was to test for blue
and vice versa for the red. Does that make sence.