Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Encouragement?

Hey IWIRE,

Today I was assigned "sewing" job & I tried my best. I was very polite, asked questions when I didn't understand what she was saying(she seemed mad when I asked questions) but I still asked her since I wanted to make sure the job was done right and efficiently.

I also ignored most of her criticisms today and just focused on the job and making sure it was done to her satisfaction. I honestly do think she never actually liked me since my sister who was working across from me who was doing the same thing was showered with compliments and the nicest thing I received from her was "hurry it up".

Oh well, I know some bosses are perfect but jeez, now that I re-call the last 2 weeks(as I have said before) all she has done was criticize me on my faults and never gave me any positive remarks. I'll try and look for another job when I return to the USA, until then I might do some small jobs for my dad and enjoy the rest of my summer! :D

-Alex

IWIRE

Hey IWIRE,

Today I was assigned "sewing" job & I tried my best. I was very polite, asked questions when I didn't understand what she was saying(she seemed mad when I asked questions) but I still asked her since I wanted to make sure the job was done right and efficiently.

I also ignored most of her criticisms today and just focused on the job and making sure it was done to her satisfaction. I honestly do think she never actually liked me since my sister who was working across from me who was doing the same thing was showered with compliments and the nicest thing I received from her was "hurry it up".

Oh well, I know some bosses are perfect but jeez, now that I re-call the last 2 weeks(as I have said before) all she has done was criticize me on my faults and never gave me any positive remarks. I'll try and look for another job when I return to the USA, until then I might do some small jobs for my dad and enjoy the rest of my summer! :D

-Alex
All you can give someone is your best. Are there other guys that work there ? How does she treat them ? Believe it or not there are some women that hate men.
Good luck with your laser ! Sometimes lasers are what makes me want to go to work :) So many diodes. So many crazy builds I want to do :)

All you can give someone is your best. Are there other guys that work there ? How does she treat them ? Believe it or not there are some women that hate men.
Good luck with your laser ! Sometimes lasers are what makes me want to go to work :) So many diodes. So many crazy builds I want to do :)

That is exactly what my mother said haha. There was the "boss" her associate(which is her good friend) and my sister, so I was the only guy. And sadly Im the only one who has never received a compliment, so I am starting to believe she actually does hate men ;)

-Alex

IWIRE

Don't take it personal. It's probably not even you she hates. She probably hates herself and is just taking it out on you and every other man.
I'm just guessing at these numbers from personal experiences. I'd say about 1 in 10 are that way.
The good news is the other 9 make life a beautiful thing. :)

iwire had a good gem: Don't take it personal. If she doesn't mean to give you a hard time and you don't take it personal, it won't affect you, and it won't affect her. If she DOES mean to bust your bawz, and you don't take it personal, it reinforces the observation that she's being mean to you for no reason. Either she recognizes it and changes, or she doesn't. Either way, just because she is higher up on the "ladder" doesn't mean you should give her the power to control how you feel.

So yeah, don't take it personal, even if it is.

And yeah, I know, easier said than done. You got this :beer: