Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Elements and Metals GB

Finally heard back from the company and got price quotes. Shipping is very expensive in bulk for materials like this, so this GB depends on if enough people are interested so that I can put in a large enough order. I inquired about everything that was suggested, plus a couple extras, and here is what is available.

I will be in Yosemite for the next 2 weeks and I'm not sure if I have any access to internet or not, but it might be unlikely. If I don't respond, this is why and I apologize in advance.

It is helpful but not necessary if you could pay before hand, just make sure to leave me a note specifying what elements you want and how you would like me to ship it in a Paypal note. Otherwise, please send me a PM with what you want and I will send you a Paypal invoice. If for some reason something goes wrong or I don't have enough interest to make the order, I personally promise to refund your money as quickly and efficiently as I can.

Here is a list of pricing for elements:

Gallium shot 99.9%- $1.80/gram

Indium shot 99.99%- $1.90/gram

Magnesium rods (1/4 lb. each)- $6.00

Cesium ampoule (1g each)- $130.00

Rubidium ampoule (1g each)- $130.00

Bismuth shot 99.99%- $25.00/pound or $1.60/ounce

Iron electrolytic flake 99.97%- $9.00/pound

Boron crystals 99.4%- $6.00/gram

Iridium clippings 99.9%- $60.00/gram

--

Gallium prices aren't actually up so pricing is the same as the last GB. Indium, however, has more than doubled in price. If you are ordering cesium or rubidium, I don't know how much shipping will be but I'm almost positive you will have to pay hazmat shipping charges. This stuff is seriously hard to get as a hobbyist, but I am able to offer it here.

--

Shipping to US will be:

$3.00 for padded envelope (if you have a small order)
$5.50 for small Priority mail box (if you have a small order)
$11.50 for medium Priority mail box (for larger orders)

I would recommend adding $2.00 for insurance just in case.

Shipping costs to Canada or other countries will have to be calculated at the post office, I will send you a separate Paypal invoice after I ship the elements. Please try to verify that owning/buying these elements is legal in your country as I'm trying to do this all without breaking the law in some way I don't know about. I won't be shipping gallium internationally without a (probably expensive) hazmat fee because it is extremely corrosive to materials used in aviation.

Last edited:

Galliumsource.com

Here is a link to some other elements not offered in the GB

I would be open to splitting costs with a group of people for some of the elements I am unable to provide. If anyone is interested in splitting costs for strontium, beryllium, sodium, or potassium, let me know and we can work something out. Even better for me would be an organized element trade- for example, strontium for gallium or something like that.

AUS

I just looked at the link Ipstealth posted and noticed that in 1kg quantities Gallium is 70c / gm. Can we get a better price if the GB orders enough, or is the GB through a different supplier?

I'll wait until you get back from Yosemite, but I'm thinking I'l order:

20 gm of Gallium $1.80 x 20 = $36
20 gm of Indium $1.90 x 20 = $38
5 oz Bismuth $1.60 x 5 = $8
1 x Magnesium Rod = $6
Total = $88

I think getting Cesium or Rubidium into the country would be prohibitively expensive..

I just looked at the link Ipstealth posted and noticed that in 1kg quantities Gallium is 70c / gm. Can we get a better price if the GB orders enough, or is the GB through a different supplier?

I'll wait until you get back from Yosemite, but I'm thinking I'l order:

20 gm of Gallium $1.80 x 20 = $36
20 gm of Indium $1.90 x 20 = $38
5 oz Bismuth $1.60 x 5 = $8
1 x Magnesium Rod = $6
Total = $88

I think getting Cesium or Rubidium into the country would be prohibitively expensive..

GB is through a different supplier, but I will continue to investigate options. A large amount of the cost is shipping for materials like this, so I will talk to galliumsource about shipping costs.

Also, shipping by air requires an extra hazmat fee for gallium so international shipping might be prohibitively expensive. I would be able to ship cesium or rubidium likely with a similar cost.

AUS

Errr I may have to rethink this...

I just discovered that Australia post banns posting it. Gallium-source lists international shipping as $56 for 15g of Gallium and $65 for 40g or more.

May be cheaper to get it through ebay- this place has 10g for $AU20 plus $AU3 shipping (probably not legal though!). They also have 10g of Indium for AU $15.31 +AU $2.56 postage..

Ask about shipping when you talk to them, but I may have to skip the Gallium if its going to cost $50 to ship.

Back from Yosemite. There doesn't appear to be very much interest in this GB, I've only gotten the responses above in this thread. It costs a huge amount to ship this stuff to my house (last time was over $100 for shipping due to hazmat fees and such) and I might not do the GB if I can't get a larger order size. So, contact me if you're interested and we can make this happen!

If the official thread doesn't take off, PM me if you're interested in splitting something from galliumsource/ebay/whatever. I've got a ton of gallium and indium but might be up to split costs for something rarer like scandium or potassium.