Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ebay laser

so i get a a cheap green ebayser and it arrives about 2 months later in a simple paper envelope. It works good for a few days until about three days ago.Now when i press the button and most of the time i just get a extremely dim red lght for about 5 secs until the green kicks in.This is very hard to observe to closely for reasons you can all imagine.

So basicly(however its spelt ) tell me whats wrong and how am i ment to fix it?I think it might have something to do with the chrystal but am an idiot so forget that. :-/

Likely the crystal is misaligned.
Do you live in a cold area? Sometimes they do not produce green initially because the crystal is too cold. Definitely do not look into the red light as that is 808nm IR, very hazardous to your eyes.
But if it still produces green eventually, you're still in luck.

Ditto Bluefusion, nearly every cheap greenie I have works fine indoors, take them out in the cold and it can take an age to strike up properly. Fresh batteries will always help though.

Regards rog8811

Hey mate yet another aussie on here!! Chief_Eamonn is also in perth I think.
Fraid that, in that case, there's probably not an awful lot you can do about it. Buy a better one :p