Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ebay Laser Goggles

So I found this today, and I want to know what everyone thinks about it. The green ones seem like they'd be awesome, since they block 532nm and 1064 nm (so it'd be Perfect for playing with a DX 200 mW). And they seem cheaper than WL or Nova's goggles. Plus they look pretty slick too!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZzonestealth

That's the stuff being sold by this guy, his record seems good, but it doesn't seem like he's sold a lot.

And these green goggles seem pretty awesome, for a pretty decent price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Protection-Safe...ryZ53141QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone who knows about the goggles let me know, cuz I need to get me some, and I'd rather get them as cheap as I can, while still having them work. If there's a better deal out there, I'm all ears! Thanks

Those look just like the ones this guy is selling. And from what I have read in that post they would not be so good for protection :(

Thanks SenKat, I wanted to be sure that it was too good to be true, and as things with lasers (and most things) they tend to be scams... So are Wicked Lasers and Nova the only places where getting goggles is safe? I haven't dealt with either company, but WL seems less than fun to deal with (Pulsars seem kinda weird to me... I don't think it's worth the price for a metal tube, a circuit board with a button on it, and a diode going straight to a battery...that is what pulsars basically are, right?)

I just need some goggles for Green and Red that will work, but don't cost me as much as a laser from DX.... Thanks for the help guys. The search for cheap & safe goggles continues!

S

SenKat

You are correct about the Pulsars :)

Check with Optotronics, too !

SenKat said:
Check with Optotronics, too !
I second that! They cost a little less then wicked after shipping comes in to play but it's amazing how much green light they block!

Gazoo

falchionsmight said:
I just need some goggles for Green and Red that will work, but don't cost me as much as a laser from DX.... Thanks for the help guys. The search for cheap & safe goggles continues!

I suggest the lasershades from wicked for blocking the red. Mine came within 3 days of ordering. Also most red goggles block so much that you can't even see the red dot on a wall. The lasershades are perfect in my opinion.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Red_650nm_LaserShades-49-11.html

It is also very important to know what you are buying, and when it comes to protecting your eyesight, please don't skimp on protection.

I bit the bullet, and bought some of the 650 shades from WL, and some of the sports Elite for my green lasers.... That looks like all my last paycheck is going to afford me to spend on fun toys (and retinal protection from them ;D). Thanks for all the help. It's too bad IR goggles are so expensive...(it's probably cheaper to buy a bunch of cheap digi-cams, and pull out the hot mirrors and make some shades from them.... just kidding... I don't think that would do a very good job of blocking IR at all, afterall, direct IR from an IR LED gets through those... I don't want to think of what would go through from a LD...). Now I just have to wait for my laser goggles to arrive, and I can actually look at what I'm trying to cook with my DVD laser, and my 30 mW DX green!

Gazoo

falchionsmight,
I for one am happy to know you bit the bullet and you made a very wise decision :) I know you will love those shades for your red, and you know what you are getting. Let us know how you like them. I don't have a greenie yet...still haven't decided, and what makes it worse is I like red so much better than green.

Man I was hoping to find a cheap alternative too. But after all I've read I think I may just suck it up and pay the 40 for the ridiculous looking blu-ish glasses that I will probably never wear anywhere other than my backyard. Better than going blind I suppose :)

Things

yup it is a wise choice to make if you play with high powered lasers!

ahh, i'm blind, thanks for the link :cool: they kinda look like nova's professional line, BTW how much is there shipping?