Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

eBay greenie cr123 impressions

I just received the following pointer in the mail:

Powerful 5mW 5 MW 532nm Military Green Beam Bright Laser Pointer Holster | eBay

I placed the order on May 16, and it got from China, to my apartment today on May 24. Only 8 days from China...pretty impressive.

So onto the laser. First, a picture of it in my hand for an idea of the nice compact size:

jXQ9eoW.jpg

This host is very durable, with thick walls for good heat transfer. Module is held into place with a threaded ring, and there does not appear to be any glue. Which means you could put a higher power module inside without hassle.

UdaI259.jpg

There's a nice plastic retainer that keeps the driver from moving around as well.

ytOSiv3.jpg

Finally, the output, which I was very pleased with. With a 16340, it climbs to just over 50mW, dropped to about 44mW and settled at 46.5mW. Very steady.

LZB61GR.jpg

The divergence is good as the focus is done right, and the beam comes out the middle, not off to the side or anything. Dot is clean, barely any disturbances on the lens.

For $9.99, with $0.99 shipping, I am very pleased with this purchase. I would still be pleased even if I paid twice that. Even as a host for a high power green module the price is right, honestly.

I put "impressions" in the title of the thread, because I feel that this does not qualify as a review.

EDIT: Also, the one that I got has a very thin beam. Here is a picture by a needle:

6iOcTcq.jpg

Since the beam is so thin, it stings my hand a little, even though it's only ~50mW. Divergence is still good though, despite the thing beam. Not as good as my 40mW pointer I have, but still acceptable.

Last edited:

I am impressed by 8 day shipping from china. Nearly unheard of!
It seems like while there is a large amount of crappy chinese lasers of every kind, there is a large pool that are pretty OK- not quality by any means, but great for the cheap price- and it seems you have found one of them. The 303 laser i got a while back is still going strong, nice and bright, and the thing is nearly indestructible. Again, not a quality laser, but for 20$, im perfectly happy with it.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this with us Lotus :)

PS: Does it look like a smaller version of CNI's PGL host to anyone else?

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice little 532 for 10 bucks; you can't even build one with a FT module & cheap host for any less than that. :beer:

@ Greenlander, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw it. It's either a much smaller version of the PGL, or LD has extremely large hands! :crackup:

The head is about 33mm long, and 28mm wide, and the body tube with the button is 22mm wide and 70mm long when screwed together.

The whole host is 110mm long if you including the lanyard thing on the tailcap. It does look like a mini PGL host though :p

Yeah i have the same got it for like 9$ from ebay including shipping not bad host actually and performance for so cheap price.