Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

eBay 405nm cheapO laser goggles

So I got these laser goggles for $3, expecting them to be flimsy plastic that barely blocked any light. I bought it for my 1watt SFB01b, which is just a few days out. I am ordering an eagle pair very soon, but I am surprised by these Chinese goggles

All I know is that these goggles completely block my over spec 532nm green laser 303, which is anywhere from 75-100mw. The beam reflects off of them and nothing is left to go through. I don't know how the 1Watt 405nm will fair with these goggles, but I shall see.

I got the goggles for $3 with a case. I recommend it for low powered green laser users, even though it's made for blue/purple ones.

Those goggles shouldn't be used for unfiltered green laser at all as it does not filter out infared.

exactly u need a decent pair they cost like 50$ but its worth it since 532 u dont see the IR which can be alot and damage your eyes and retinas you dont want that!

I don't use my 532nm lasers much now that I am going nuts with 520 direct diode greens.I suppose the cheap goggles would work for them.All my 532 are IR filtered so they are not an issue anyway.My one ebay pen is not filtered....I don't use it!
I bought the Eagle goggles and really like them.I am a total fiend for the green diodes so they work great.I don't have a pair for ir or red but that's ok since I never use my red lasers either!

It cannot be over-stressed enough that proper certified googles are a must...even if you have to save up for them and put your laser plans on hold for a while.Buy the protection before the laser...and make sure they attenuate the wavelengths you will be using.I have a 1.2 watt 520nm green.At that power level you get ZERO second chances.The blue high powered lasers frankly scare me...they are extremely dangerous to skin and eyes.I know they burn like mad...and are lots of fun...but if you want to run high power blues or violets for goodness sake get certified goggles!!!

Just read some of the stories about guys burning their skin with 445's...and reflect on how much more tender your retina is!

I don't want to come off as a safety nazi but with the class 4 blues you need serious protection!

What you should know about laser eye protection:
its eye protection not wallet protection.