Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Easier way to get an SF-AW210 diode free?

Not free as in money free but free as in free from its heatsink!!! I do not want to destroy the diode trying to get it out but the normal process I used for PHR diodes isn't working here. Any suggestions?

Got it!!! After cutting away a small piece from the edge and having no luck I decided to try something else. I ended up breaking off the corner of the heatsink and the diode fell out. It's now ready for a host! I've seen people here ramping these SF-AW210 diodes up pretty high so I may go for 230-240ma on the driver. The average seems to be ~250ma but I'm not that brave. I think 235ma will be good for now.

I've seen people here ramping these SF-AW210 diodes up pretty high so I may go for 230-240ma on the driver. The average seems to be ~250ma but I'm not that brave. I think 235ma will be good for now.

I'd stick with <200mW. It wont last that long at those other powers unless you get a freak.

Save your SW-AW... Go with the 195mA setting and w/ the exotic Jay or Larry's lens you'll thank me later.