Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

E3 Elite Lunar or E1 Executive Pulsar?

Scamp

I'd like to know when you get a shipment notification from WL for your Sonar. I ordered one around the same time and they keep telling me next week for about 3 weeks now.

No word yet, but my O-like order has left Hong Kong. I'm thinking about canceling the Luna.

What did you buy from O-like? Rayfoss has a nice adjustable/waterproof 405nm 250mW for $148. A bit more than WL but its waterproof and adjustable! and i won't have to wait forever! But i don't like that is has a 1 min duty cycle compared to continuous of the sonar. O-like has an adjustable 200mW for $105, still more than the Sonar and it sounds like O-like isn't as reliable as they used to be. I'd either go Rayfoss or just wait it out with WL.

I'm slightly worried since the arctic's appear to be underpowered from specs, hope the sonar isn't the same way. They were suppose to ship last week, then they said this week, and if you look at the update on lasercommunity.com it'll be 1-2 more weeks before they start shipping.

I ordered a 20mW key chain greenie from ledshoppe.com and it shipped in 2 days! Now i just wait for the slow shipping.

Scamp

*sigh*

I gave up waiting for the Luna and canceled my order. We'll see if I get a timely response from WL or if I need to do a charge back.

Burnsy

Well you guys shouldn't only focus on how the laser is burning stuff
with a lens cap or focusable....
The badass thing about the lunar would be the beam diameter at aperture only 1mm!! :drool:
But since no one got one or could have tried that laser it's not confirmed to be true sadly

I'm sticking it out for mine. Someone here has the O-like one and doesn't like it and i've been hearing bad things about Rayfoss lately. So i wait for the S1...

@Scamp, did you get your O-Like 150mW yet? I just ordered that laser, was curious of what you thought about it.

Scamp

@Scamp, did you get your O-Like 150mW yet? I just ordered that laser, was curious of what you thought about it.

Yes I did. All I have to compare it to is the 50mw greenie from Optotronics. It's definitely brighter and it burned it's way out of black plastic bag the moment I turned it on. I also prefer the design better on the O-like, the push button on the Opto is way to easy to hit accidentally.

I was debating the WL E2 130mW or the Cute 150mW, i bought the O-Like, but then had second thoughts and am in the process of trying to cancel it to get the WL instead, but not sure I'll be able to. The Opto would be a similar beam as the WL such as divergence but not in power, how do the beams compare? Is there much difference?

Yes I did. All I have to compare it to is the 50mw greenie from Optotronics. It's definitely brighter and it burned it's way out of black plastic bag the moment I turned it on. I also prefer the design better on the O-like, the push button on the Opto is way to easy to hit accidentally.

How's the divergence on the O-like? Can you take some beamshots if possible? :thanks: