Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX vs Focalprice

i have experience with both companies
and i have ordered maybe around 20times from Focal and around 30times from DX

always especially laser pointers..

There is one very great point about FOCAL.. I have always had my stuff shipped out within 2-3 days.. Sometimes even next day..
With DX you cannt expect this.. They are horrible in this Way.. Sometimes it took more than month, or even TWO..

now about lasers.. I have allways ordered 10mw green pen from FOCAL, as it is nearly the same price as the 5mw.. :)
They used to be up to specs, or even overpovered most of the time..

personally i think, that Difference between DX and Focal green laser is especially in the ability to pot mod them..
I have never had a problem to get more pover from DX lasers, but it is really hard, or better say it is not possible to modify FOCAL lasers.
Some FOCAL units are capable of putting out more power with pot moding them, but not very likely..
DX lasers are great in this way..

build quality seems very same to me from both companies.
Just one more good point for FOCAL, that the lasers comes in really nice box vith "LASER POINTER" logo..
much nicer than DX boxes.. IMO

Milan

Hi Guys,
I have to say thank you again.
Thank you for sharing your experiences.
A friend wants to buy a laser too. I'll get the pen style FP 100mW, the one that greenmechanic has. I'll test it and give it to my friend. Then I'll think about mine, and I'll be able to compare both.
Keep the ideas, suggestions and experiences coming.

i got focalprice 50mw with 2x AA for 16$

compared to my true 50mW DX the focalprice with 2x 1.5AA is quite same brightness...
i use now 2x 1.2AA Rechargeables with potmod - the cheaper focalprice-laser is MUCH brighter

Good news.
I bought last month the 100mw pen style from focalprice and it really goes far.
It was for a friend and he's very satisfied. The only problem was that I ordered the laser and 2 pairs of goggles, and only 1 pair arrived. Well, I'm already talking to them.

Now, about the 50mw green laser I want to buy, I found more videos on youtube with the same laser. It seems to be good !

YouTube - Focusable 50mW Green Laser Pointer with Safety Key Lock can burns matches. "Bought on DealExtreme"
YouTube - DX focusable green laser 50mW matche
YouTube - DX focusable green laser 50mW pop baloon
YouTube - 50mw green focusable burning laser