Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX vs Focalprice

Hi Guys,
I know you are tired of answering lots of topics like this, but I really need your opinion.
Focalprice and DX sell cheap lasers, not as good as o-like, wicked, and the other ones, but I think they are good enought to me.
My problem is the following, I don't know which laser I should buy.
Could you please take a look at these lasers?

The DX one:

Focusable 50mW Green Laser Pointer with Safety Key Lock
DealExtreme: $33.49 Focusable 50mW Green Laser Pointer with Safety Key Lock (1*18650 Included)

The FocalPrice ones:

100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black) - Focalprice.com

and

50mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black) - Focalprice.com

The focalprice ones seem to be more powerful, but they are too cheap, so I'm not very sure about it.

Thank you for reading,

Gabriel

I would go for the DX model, it is focusable. Even if it is underpowered, it still should smoke dark colored items. I would also say DX, is a little bit more honest then focal price.

Rob

The DX will most likely be underpowered but I would still go for that one rather than the one from Focal Price. DX doesn't have the best quality but I hear better things from them rather than Focal Price, at least regarding lasers.

Hey siqueirah...

Your signature does not say what part of the Globe you
live on... DX will not ship to the USA...

Jerry

Thank you for your information, guys. I think I'll get the DX one, but I'll wait for more opinions.

@Jerry
Do you think if I were american I would speak such poor enlgish ?
I was born and live in Brazil \o/
I've been studying english for only 3 years.
By the way, thank you for all the help you gave me.

Gabriel Siqueira

im getting that 50mw off focal price right next to the one you showed i know its a pos im just getting it cause it runs off AAs instead of AAAs or those other special expensive batteries.

I have a few more questions. Is the battery that comes with the DX one rechargeable ? If not, which batteries do you recommend me? Which battery charger for this batteries do you recommend me ? (Cheap and Good ;D )
Thank you

im getting that 50mw off focal price right next to the one you showed i know its a pos im just getting it cause it runs off AAs instead of AAAs or those other special expensive batteries.

I just received the 100mW pen from focal price. I have to say I was very surprised by the quality of the build.
Very heavy for a pen style. It's by far the heaviest of my 14 chinese pens. Specs. are close to advertised:114mW peak,85mW average. Very nice(smooth) threads, nice tight beam. No focus although.:cryyy:
Maybe I just received a good one??
Shined it on my leg by accident once. It made me jump!! Was not expecting a cheap greenie to burn skin like that.
IMHO a very good deal for $24.95/with batteries and a foam lined box. And they ship to USA!!

Rob

Yes the battery it comes with is rechargeable. No it doesn't come with a charger.

This
charger is the one I use. It works great and works with most rechargeable batteries.

Nice ! So guys, what do you think ?
Based on what Greenmechanic said, which laser should I get ?
As he said the focalprice one looks to be a good deal, but is it to bad the fact that it isn't focusable ?
I'm waiting for your opinion.

@Greenmechanic
Was is this exact model ?
100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black) - Focalprice.com

Thank you

Edit: Ah, is this model right ?
http://www.focalprice.com/LP057B/100mW_532nm_Powerful_Green_Laser_Pointer_Pen.html
I don't like it, because it uses AAA bateries. So I would have to buy all the time new batteries or use 1.2 rechargeable batteries, what would make the laser weaker.
I still don't know what should I do.

Last edited:

Rob

Personally I'd go for the focusable one since that will allow you burn things and pop balloons. But if they're both focusable, then I'd say go for either of them. Just don't expect amazing quality.

Rob

I agree completely. :D

Since I have more experience with DX rather than FocalPrice, I'd go for DX myself

Thank you very much, kevin.
It's really bad that we don't have such a good review on the DX one. I would be able to see if it's really better than the others. It's focusable, but is it good ?
I don't know =x
I'll wait for more opinions.
Thank you everbody.