Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX Shipping

I ordered a DX host at the beginning of June (the 4th to be exact), and here it is the first of July and still nothing. I checked the order tracking and all it says is "Temporary stock shortage." However, I checked the item and it doesn't say its sold out. I realize this is shipping from China so I must make some allowances, but after a month I am starting to get impatient. Is it usual to take this long to get stuff from DX? I might also add my Paypal account was deducted the paid amount the day I placed the order.

Always takes forever from DX. The longest I have had to wait is about 2-3 months. Damn new year!

daguin

I ordered a DX host at the beginning of June (the 4th to be exact), and here it is the first of July and still nothing. I checked the order tracking and all it says is "Temporary stock shortage." However, I checked the item and it doesn't say its sold out. I realize this is shipping from China so I must make some allowances, but after a month I am starting to get impatient. Is it usual to take this long to get stuff from DX? I might also add my Paypal account was deducted the paid amount the day I placed the order.

This means that their supplier is out of stock. They have no idea when they will get it in from their supplier. It has NOT been shipped.

Peace,
dave

3zuli

This means that their supplier is out of stock. They have no idea when they will get it in from their supplier. It has NOT been shipped.

Peace,
dave
that's even worse. you can wait 2 more months:cryyy:
the longest shipping for me was 1.5 month

Thanks dave, I guess I should stop holding my breath and look for a different host for my 445 build :banghead:

NoBama

had not ordered from DX in about 3 years because of this. the last experience was a long delay then they sent me the wrong item. but by then i couldn't do anything about it because it was beyond the time frame for RMA or exchanges!
it happened the last few orders. so i ate the losses and never ordered from DX again.

It will get here sooner or later. 4-6 weeks seems to be standard with them. For the price it is not to bad of a draw back. I have ordered from them at least 6 times without a problem.

By any chance this wouldn't be the little black Cree host I hope? I have that and batteries inbound.

dnar

I have an order pending with DX, a 200mW DPSS, 100mW red, goggles and a hand full of 20mW DPSS.

3 weeks now, still showing as waiting for supplier delivery.....

SLOW...

Well DX tends to be quite unpredictable sometimes. I've recieved 2 laser packages plus two other shipments and on average it takes about 3 weeks to arrive to eastern Europe.
Longest has been a 4 week delay, but then again it might be connected with festivals and the increase of orders during holidays.

DX is a bit bad at the shipping times. I have bought numerous items from DX, but shipping for me has never taken more than a month and a half. But hey, free shipping is the way to roll. Even though it may take a while, the low prices and free shipping sorta compensate...

Also, during holidays and events, YES, they do take a long long long time to ship.
As mentioned in previous posts.

I have ordered $360 worth of items from Dealextreme within the past 2 years or more, and every item I ordered has generally taken between 2.5 and 4 weeks to get to me in Michigan. The quickest i've gotten an item was like one day short of 2 weeks, and longest was just over a month, so do expect to be waiting for any item from DX being that they are in china, and have free shipping which tells me they are combining large amounts of orders to be shipped (by boat?) so it takes a long time to ship but in return free shipping.

However I am used to waiting a long time to get what I want so waiting for the Arctic for a month is nothing out of the ordinary for me lol ;)
p.s. they are a legit website so dont worry about them taking your money or something like that.