Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX Replaced Defective Laser

After my DX True 30 conked out from the typical problems, I wrote to them and they told me they would indeed replace it. It took quite a while but I did receive a new one a few days ago. Although the first laser easily popped balloons and had a somewhat brighter beam (since I don't have a power meter, I'm going by sight only) this one so far, seems more stable. I compared it side by side with a WL Core and the brightness is much greater.
This one however does not pop balloons at any distance so I'm wondering if all of the defective ones were just over powered freaks.
So, the good news is that DX will work with you for replacements and you don't have to mail them back to China, only to Florida. The bad news is that it won't pop balloons but, it sure is a bright laser for the price and a good deal if it keeps functioning.

Best wishes to SenKat!!!!!!!!!!!

T

timelord

Without a power meter for the first laser you'll never know I've had a couple of good lasers from DX. They do seem to have a quite a bit of IR but not that much.
Have you tried a lens to aid a balloon pop??

I just RMA'd a defective DX unit as well, and got store credit for it, which I just bought a different laser from them with ;D. DX true 30 is in the mail as we speak, it was kind of a responsive RMA process, not good, just much better than I expected from DX.

-Dough

Timelord said:
Without a power meter for the first laser you'll never know I've had a couple of good lasers from DX. They do seem to have a quite a bit of IR but not that much.
Have you tried a lens to aid a balloon pop??
Not a lens yet Timelord but with Energizer Lithiums and the laser on a flat surface (no hand shaking) I was after all able to pop a Sharpied balloon from about a foot away but it took about forty seconds. The first DX True 30 popped them almost instantly but died within just a few days. The beam on that one was very unstable. This one seems steady and solid.
What kind of lens are you talking about as I'd like to try that? Thanks.

T

timelord

Just an ordinary magnifying glass I was thinking of to focus the beam to a smaller dot ;)

Benm

In honesty, DX customers service is not that bad. They WILL replace defective items usually, but they do take some time to arrive, and getting customer service to understand what you want can be difficult at times.

With non-laser items i've had good experiences with them on that, even just sending the replacement right away without wanting the defective item back. The only thing i asked for in that case was a replacement for a flashlight windows that arrived scratched.... 2 weeks later a new, complete, flashligh arrived ;)

bledis

Im disapointed on DX lasers. First of all I bought TRUE 50mW laser which is about ~30mW only (maybe even lower) another bad thing, after 1 hour of using he isnt so bright and he have 2 beams :eek:... And I think it cant be replaced as i took off that sticker from laser cuz I tried to open it and silver part is scratched...

how can you be disapointed? you spent only 50$ on a green laser that out puts more than 30mw.... thats alsmot 1.25$ a mw thats really not that bad at all speaking about green lasers..... did you use a duty cycl or have you just held it on also have you replaced the battries? mode hopping is caused by to cold to hot and battries that are to low in power so try replacing the battries and warming or cooling it down to room temp

bledis

f22warzone said:
how can you be disapointed? you spent only 50$ on a green laser that out puts more than 30mw.... thats alsmot 1.25$ a mw thats really not that bad at all speaking about green lasers..... did you use a duty cycl or have you just held it on also have you replaced the battries? mode hopping is caused by to cold to hot and battries that are to low in power so try replacing the battries and warming or cooling it down to room temp
They always are in room temp, I think problem is inside of laser :'(