Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dx power meter

I was think that if we chiped in a bit each and make a extreme deal with dx ;D we could buy them a cheap power meter(laser bee 1 watt)And ask them if they could have a option for a couple more $ to do some basic tests(10 sec power mod hoping)What do you think. :eek:

I Extremely Agree we should do that. Dx Really needs a power meter.
its the least we could do to help. :)

or maybe we could do a raffle but instead of giving to the fouram give to dx.hehe

Razako

Dx won't do it. They simply don't have the time to test things beyond a simple on/off test. Also they intentionally keep shipping out crap lasers simply hoping that eventually some noob will accept them.

If you want a cheap beginners laser then dx is great. if you actually want a quality green or blue laser then you should avoid dx and kd like the plague.

I think you're confusing things here.

DX don't meter their lasers not because they can't (like idiot said, they can buy their own no sweat) but because they don't care.

They just sell what they're given. If it's crap, they'll just wait for you to respond. Most people don't have power meters and can't figure out if it's underpowered, and lots more wouldn't of seen a high powered laser before and wouldn't even know if it was underpowered or not. Most people wouldn't even know what they got is crap.

If DX had to send back every second laser they got for being underpowered, they'd lose a lot of money, even if they did gain a lot of respect from us. Business economics.

EDIT: Crossposted by Razako.

I agree that DX don't test their lasers because most people won't notice if the laser is underpowered or not.But people buying expensive lasers,let's say above $150,are not the type that won't notice if they are getting much less for what they paid for,so in this cases,I think they would agree to test every laser before shipping it out if they could get a power meter for free and we explain how to use it.

GamerBR said:
I think they would agree to test every laser before shipping it out if they could get a power meter for free and we explain how to use it.

No they wouldn't, lol

Even if they got a free meter, they'd have to pay someone to sit down all day and test thousands of lasers. What a boring job. DX already sell heaps of lasers, why would they want to pay someone to test their lasers and tell them they've bought crap and cost them lots of money to replace them?

Even with the expensive lasers. Every time they do testing, they lose profits. They just wouldn't do it :-/

Murudai said:
[quote author=GamerBR link=1216677268/0#7 date=1216715652]I think they would agree to test every laser before shipping it out if they could get a power meter for free and we explain how to use it.

No they wouldn't, lol

Even if they got a free meter, they'd have to pay someone to sit down all day and test thousands of lasers. What a boring job. DX already sell heaps of lasers, why would they want to pay someone to test their lasers and tell them they've bought crap and cost them lots of money to replace them?

Even with the expensive lasers. Every time they do testing, they lose profits. They just wouldn't do it :-/[/quote]
Well as I said only for >$150 lasers,that would make the number of lasers to test come down to dozens/a few hundred per month,and they would not be be losing profit.I think a good part of this forum don't buy lasers from them as they don't know what they will be getting when it arrives,also what they lose by some lasers returning,and by several costumers that won't return,but won't buy from them again,is worth the cost of making someone from the staff testing the lasers.Note that I'm not saying that they will agree to do it,I'm saying that I think it would be a smart decision if they did. :)

Murudai is right. Chances are extremely low a company such as DX will test lasers themselves. It's simply not their company type.

The most testing they'll do is just turn it on and see if any light comes out. And that's only if you send it back for a replacement..

but if their was a option to pay $5 more and they could do basic testing.