Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX new laser thing

jimc1128 said:
[quote author=Bionic-Badger link=1216676841/0#10 date=1218366543]Just because they now have a notice doesn't mean anything has changed.  Those laws have been in place for decades and they probably just put it up to cover their butts.  I really don't expect anyone at DX to be checking the destination of ther lasers, nor the folks at customs keeping their "eyes out" for DX shipments.

To be honest, I have never once read of a single account of any laser, or any product for that matter, purchased from DX being confiscated by US customs.

Well  . . .  my first order from DX was the 200mW green pen style laser and guess what ?  Customs got it in CA. and that was sometime last year.   I received paperwork if I wanted to claim the item and pay some fees and the court costs.  I never responded. [/quote]

Damn, that would discourage me from buying from them again. Did you ship it EMS too?

I did - stupid me. I should have read all the details on shipping & EMS. Oh well - live and learn.

Hey, it happens.  I was lucky and actually accidentally found the information about not shipping with EMS. Otherwise I probably would be in the same boat.  ::)