Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX Multi Review: True 30mW and Chrome Module

Chrome Module:

Solid construction, doesn't feel cheap in any way - the focus knob is easily adjusted for burning or long distance pointing :)
Even the 5mW red diode that came with it is surprisingly bright. The diode's regulating pcb is surprisingly populated with a few transistors as well as an input filtering capacitor on the reverse side of the board, along with a SMD LED which probably plays a role in the regulation. Overall a great housing for a DIY laser project.

Attachments

• module.JPG
    module.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 98

True 30mW

Solid construction with a great output. Brightness almost exactly matches my 35mw from Wicked. I bought it for a friend so it's not going to stay in my arsenal, but I think he's going to have a lot of fun with it :) The only real con I could find for this laser is the beam exits at a slight angle.

Attachments

• STA71956.JPG
    STA71956.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 69

Rhith

Good stuff but where's the nitty gritty!? I want to see these things pushed to the max!

my red diode is busted and the greenie is going to my friend so not much i can do at this point :-/

It looks almost like an aixis but cheaper with a focusing nob.
i bet it gives better heatsinkin to, it has more mass so it would absorb more heat.

....lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Benm

I think it's identical to the aixiz really, though not all aixiz modules come with the metal focussing ring. I've been using these modules from DX for quite some time now, and pleased with the result.

glona

does that crome module comew ith a diod pre instaled if so how many mw does it come with in the diode?

Heh you should give him the wicked laser, im sure the dx works alot better than that wl.

.....lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Gazoo

Benm said:
I think it's identical to the aixiz really, though not all aixiz modules come with the metal focussing ring. I've been using these modules from DX for quite some time now, and pleased with the result.

I only ordered two of them to try but I do like them better because I know they will come with the metal focusing ring. When I need more I will get them from DX.

glona said:
does that crome module comew ith a diod pre instaled if so how many mw does it come with in the diode?

it comes with a 5mW red diode installed

wooooooolazer said:
Heh you should give him the wicked laser, im sure the dx works alot better than that wl.

.....lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

with all WL bashing aside, my 35mW is one of the few that is actually up to spec and works as it should ;)

Well some wicked lasers work good but the vast majority do have problems, Good thing i found this place tho it was either a executive 15mw or for 30more dollors a 65mw..hard choice lol

....lazer... ;D ;D ;D

yes unfortunately I got that laser this past june and didn't know any better :D