Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX laser beam not strait

I bought 3 100mW green laser modules for DX and the beams do not come out of the modules strait. Actually one is pretty good but the other two are very noticeable. I know you get what you pay for but is there any way to fix this.

Unless you are happy to re-align or re-glue the crystals, I think you're stuck with it. You might have limited success fiddling with the front lens, but I don't think this can help enough to cure the laser fully.

Emc2

The problem is that the lens is not centered above the laser aperture and is most likely hitting on the outer center causing the beam to skew off to the side. The only way to fix it is to center the lens, it is possible that the diode and crystals are crooked also. you can tell if the laser is hitting the center of the lens, check it out.

-Todd

well these modules come apart in three pieces. the driver diode and Crystal is one piece than there is a center section that has a lens then there is another end section with another lens. the end lens looks to be strait but the center lens maybe off center. The center lens is in a brass block that is glued in position, i wonder if i can center that piece to fix it. That might be a little hard to do with out the right equipment.

Last edited:

Emc2

well these modules come apart in three pieces. the driver diode and Crystal is one piece than there is a center section that has a lens then there is another end section with another lens. the end lens looks to be strait but the center lens maybe off center. The center lens is in a brass block that is glued in position, i wonder if i can center that piece to fix it. That might be a little hard to do with out the right equipment.

Yeah it may be difficult to fix.... good luck.