Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX 30 arrived!!

FINALLY my dx 30 arrived

i cant believe how powerful it is i thought it would be cheapo quality but it is sturdy..

im not gonna post pictures coz it's the same as everyone else's dx 30

(and my camera sucks bad)

i'll try to pop a balloon when i get my hands on one..

Razako

LOL only 3 months. Not bad ;D I normally get everything from dx within 2 weeks after it ships.

well, the divergence IMO is very good, it has a nice small dot, not INCREDIBLY SMALL, but i can see it does not present that awful pattern i've seen in other pictures.

i wish i had a laser power meter but i dont own one (nor know anyone with one)

i am still running it with the alkalines it came with and still have not experienced that dimming problem or the button problem or a mode hopping :p

(i hope it doesnt suffer from ANY of those)

although i've never seen any other green laser, this is the first one so i cant compare the divergence, and i dont know how to measure it correctly. tonight i will shine it to a far building and see if it gets much bigger (hope it rains so i can see the beam better)

cool, sounds like the quality has improved, mine was also a lot better than some other peoples :D

well, dunno if i got the IMPROVED version coz it shipped on 01 january lol :p

Yeah, my true30 has an unbelievable divergence. When I point it at an object 90 feet away it's still a tiny dot. I'm very happy with this thing.

rofl.

well i am a very special one.

u're not gonna meet a lot of argentineans who can speak like this and know most of the epic stuff going around on the internet

EDIT: HEY but i also like cereal!

see, it says that under chuck's pic

yesterday i bought a bag of water balloons

and guess what?

my dx 30 can pop sharpied ones!! :D i'm so happy
(at around 1,2 metres it still pops em)

Im glad to see your DX true 30mW is preforming so nicely, Nikokapo!

I myself have been dogging the mailman every day for the past week now, as my new DXt30 is on its way.
Im still a little sceptical about the quality of these cheap lasers though, as there are many dreadfull stories on the DX forums about these lasers.
The whole mode hopping thing, loss of power after a day or 2, or the lasers diode simply being screwy from the getgo making it act like a crappy 5mW,
it seems the laser has been plagued by these defects quite alot. :-/

However I see people mentionning the more recent batches of 30mW have been improved a bit?
The reviews and forum posts ive seen might have been a bit old and not up to date with the current quality being upheld at DX.

Its been a week or 2 since your last post here, so im wondering, is she still holding strong? :-?

Ace82

I think I got a DX 30 instead of a 5mW like I ordered (and it's labeled 5mW). Unless it is ridiculously over powered. Too bad none of my DX 30's work anymore. It pops balloons and burns thin plastic! Comparing it to my RPL on setting 1, it is similar.