Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX 200mw DildaLazor Focusing issue! HELP

akhen

Hello, my dilda lazor just arrived, but i have some problem with damn lens.
When i focus, i can see small dot only up to 1-1.5meters, then i got a big dot. I can burn things very well, but over 1mt dot grow up and the screw its at his maximum tightness :(

Give a watch to my video:
youtube.com/watch?v=c5nw40Sve78

akhen said:
Hello, my dilda lazor just arrived, but i have some problem with damn lens.
When i focus, i can see small dot only up to 1-1.5meters, then i got a big dot. I can burn things very well, but over 1mt dot grow up and the screw its at his maximum tightness :(

Give a watch to my video:
UPLOADING...

maybe the lens is in backwards mine was.

when you unscrew it the dot should get smaller, right now it's focusing to a pinpoint and spreading back out

if you focus it properly the beam will only be straight and be more of a typical laser

akhen

Today i noticed that when i dont use the cap, screwing in only the lens i succeed to get a small beam, and a small dot for kilometers. The problem is in the cap i guess [smiley=sad.gif]. Maybe the screw thread is too short?

diachi

I think you should try turning it the other way, as your focusing it for short distances ( burning ) .

You're laser is fine. When you focus it to a small dot up close, it gets big at distances. When you focus it to infinity, it won't be a good burner but the dot will stay smaller. I can make you a paint diagram to show why this happens if you want.

akhen

Problem solved :D

youtube.com/watch?v=MnqGimZ-90E

Thanks to windowseven