Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

Dry Ice fog+Lasers :D

Joined
Oct 18, 2013
Messages
1,060
Likes
204
Points
0
Well I managed to scoop handfuls of it into my sink bare handed without sustaining injury. No its not smart to do, but it is possible.
 

NO4H99

New member
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
553
Likes
45
Points
0
You have a few seconds before it burns, and even longer before anything bad (like frostbite) occurs.

That said, gloves are probably a good idea.
 

eexe

New member
Joined
Oct 27, 2010
Messages
73
Likes
2
Points
0
NO, dry ice is -109F. If you do touch it with bare skin the skin will freeze, but the sensation feels like a burn. My friend worked as a carpenter at the science station in Antarctica. On his first day he took off a glove and reached into a box of bolts....BIG MISTAKE ! and that was only - 70F.
Metal bolts are constantly solid, so they freeze the skin. Dry ice, on the other hand, takes the heat from the skin and evaporates immediately, and is unable to absorb a lot of heat. Bolts are much more dangerous.
 




Top