Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*Drumroll* CNI PGL-III-A-520 REVIEW!

the more reasons it should be perfect because they charge alot and the shipping isnt cheap either.. i hope new batteries will fix that.

I hope so too. I agree with you, $400 for a 5mW laser means you should expect perfection! My $70 532 PGL works perfectly! The shutter open & closes, the laser won't turn on without the keys, the LED lights up etc... it's what I should expect.

CNI has sent me a new shutter(which opens & closes). Thing is, they sent me directions on how to unscrew the old shutter but it won't budge. They told me "you'll know how to unscrew it when you get the new one", I hope so.....

The batteries should get here tomorrow or Friday. Along with the batteries I bought a Netcore charger which has a digital display to let you know the voltage of the batteries so that will be pretty nice! :)

-Alex

gozert

I really wonder why CNI asked so much money for the 520nm when your 532nm was only 70$. The 520nm is probably even easier to make, and it's not really like they mass produce the 532nm either. Hope the batteries fix your brightness issue Alex!

I really wonder why CNI asked so much money for the 520nm when your 532nm was only 70$. The 520nm is probably even easier to make, and it's not really like they mass produce the 532nm either. Hope the batteries fix your brightness issue Alex!

I think it all has to do with their production & availability. If you go on their website it shows a PGL 532 is available, but if you go on "520" the only portable laser they have is a GLP. Might not make much sense as this is a pretty cheap diode, but asking for a special build probably raised the price & CNI wanted to make a profit on it since this isn't something they normally do.

Interestingly enough, a 510nm PGL cost $280 :can:

-Alex

gozert

I think it all has to do with their production & availability. If you go on their website it shows a PGL 532 is available, but if you go on "520" the only portable laser they have is a GLP. Might not make much sense as this is a pretty cheap diode, but asking for a special build probably raised the price & CNI wanted to make a profit on it since this isn't something they normally do.

Interestingly enough, a 510nm PGL cost $280 :can:

-Alex

You had probably been better off taking that 510nm for the 280$. Not sure if you had noticed it before purchasing the 520nm though. 510nm will probably look even better. Oh well, let's just hope you get it working correctly soon.

You had probably been better off taking that 510nm for the 280$. Not sure if you had noticed it before purchasing the 520nm though. 510nm will probably look even better. Oh well, let's just hope you get it working correctly soon.

Unfortunately I got the 520 before even asking about the 510, oh well. 520 is a nice color, it is definitely more appealing to my eyes then 532. I've seen rhd's thread about 510 & it definitely seems to be an even more beautiful color :beer:

-Alex

Hum that's interesting. I received the new shutter from CNI today & while trying to take the old one off it turned, but man did I need to use quite a bit of force. This is a very strange/fun unit to have :D

-Alex