Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DRIVER SCREW UP EL HELP-O PLEASE-O

Gazoo said:
I found the thread and it's all I need to know to stay away from fake cells:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=169038

GAZOO YOU HAD ME SCARED

on the forum it says his batts were PW powerstation, i almost got those, they were cheap, but decided CR123. PW powerstation looks SIMILAR to the panasonics that I bought, but different look and label. so I have good batts after all.

Ill search for the holder, and thanks

how wide are CR123's?

the battery holder is 2/3 A size. i just ordered a bunch from mouser and they work perfect ;)

Gazoo

amkdeath said:
[quote author=Gazoo link=1196824307/45#46 date=1196992865]I found the thread and it's all I need to know to stay away from fake cells:

GAZOO YOU HAD ME SCARED

on the forum it says his batts were PW powerstation, i almost got those, they were cheap, but decided CR123. PW powerstation looks SIMILAR to the panasonics that I bought, but different look and label. so I have good batts after all.

how wide are CR123's?[/quote]

I am right...you did not read far enough in the thread. Start here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=169038&page=5

They spelled electric wrong on the battery. When you get the batteries if the spelling is Elestric on the battery, they are definitely fake. Just be careful..I am not convinced even the ones with the correct spelling are genuine.

chimo

amkdeath, instead of all the questions, have you tried to look up anything on your own? Try doing a little of your own research, and in the process, you will learn a lot of other things on the way. It's not always the destination, but the journey.

Fake:
xely7k.jpg

Genuine:
34smmnb.jpg

one says elestic, the other says electric

so the white ones can be real, some are fake white panasonics. I got this from that same thread

chimo said:
amkdeath, instead of all the questions, have you tried to look up anything on your own?  Try doing a little of your own research, and in the process, you will learn a lot of other things on the way.  It's not always the destination, but the journey.

chimo i think your impression is that everyone is lazy and asks questions. I did research, and im not just blindly asking questions. Things I could NOT find out im posting here. for example, I found that CR123A's were slightly fatter than AA batts, and about 2/3 the size. I also found a 2/3A holder on digikey that says it works with CR123. I also found out that my batts were NOT fake, and that I can hook up 3 of those holders in series to get the power I want, and that it would cost me under 3 dollars. I found all this out before I posted any questions. Im sorry to sound offending Chimo, yet instead of looking at a question as a means of checking/researching, you see it as laziness, and that since you spent time finding out answers you shouldnt disclose your findings. Im okay with your opinion as long as you dont tell me to stop asking questions.

You have been very helpful, and thank you very much, but I am going through multiple "jorneys" at once, all to reach an ultimate end.

Once again thank you, but I find your comment offending

Sorry to be so repulsive,

amk

Gazoo said:
[quote author=amkdeath link=1196824307/45#48 date=1196993245][quote author=Gazoo link=1196824307/45#46 date=1196992865]I found the thread and it's all I need to know to stay away from fake cells:

GAZOO YOU HAD ME SCARED

how wide are CR123's?[/quote]
I am right...you did not read far enough in the thread. Start here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=169038&page=5

They spelled electric wrong on the battery. When you get the batteries if the spelling is Elestric on the battery, they are definitely fake. Just be careful..I am not convinced even the ones with the correct spelling are genuine.[/quote]
In response to your edit:

okay thank you everyone; Gazoo, Chimo, and everyone else,

I guess I bought it and im into the trap now, I hope I dont kill myself lol, but ill use them somehow. This thread was about my driver, and sorry to go so off topic, I know its bad for organization.

I guess everything is settled now, and thanks.

wish me good luck, and im crossing my fingers hoping I wont kill anyone with the explosion

thanks once again,

amk

Gazoo

Well good luck with everything... ;D Don't think of me as a lecturer or anything. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt using knock off batteries, and I try to do everything I can to prevent it. There are very safe alternatives, even with lithiums.

Read through the battery section of CPF when you have time. There is a ton of good info there. There is also a guy selling protected Li-ions in many sizes in the CPF Marketplace section. His user name is AW. If I were to get Li-ions, I would buy from him.

chimo

amk, perhaps you did search, however, it just took me about one minute using google to find a list of batteries and their dimensions.  Anyhow, perhaps I was a little too hard on you, many young people these days would not be experimenting in the manner you are - good luck and play safe.  

BTW, please read up on Li-ion safety - if not treated right they can catch fire/explode and the smoke is toxic.  

chimo said:
amk, perhaps you did search, however, it just took me about one minute using google to find a list of batteries and their dimensions.  Anyhow, perhaps I was a little too hard on you, many young people these days would not be experimenting in the manner you are - good luck and play safe.  

BTW, please read up on Li-ion safety - if not treated right they can catch fire/explode and the smoke is toxic.  

thank you chimo for all your help. I dont get it tho, what is it that causes Lions to explode? Is that why there are holes on E2 Lithium AA batts (on the top and bottom) ill research it, just posting as I think it would be a good thing to have for future reasearch..

Sorry if I was offending

Thank you,

amk

Gazoo said:
Well good luck with everything... ;D Don't think of me as a lecturer or anything. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt using knock off batteries, and I try to do everything I can to prevent it. There are very safe alternatives, even with lithiums.

Read through the battery section of CPF when you have time. There is a ton of good info there. There is also a guy selling protected Li-ions in many sizes in the CPF Marketplace section. His user name is AW. If I were to get Li-ions, I would buy from him.

I found AW's post, nice organization on CPF. VERY EXPENSIVE LOL!!! 9 bucks for a 14500... charger good piced tho, 10 bucks.

I donno, DX LiPo looks like the way to go for future buys for me, but then again AW prolly has better shippiung

chimo

Lithium is a very reactive element. It's this property that helps give it a very high energy density and at the same time make it volatile.