Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Driver alternatives?

You might give the 3 watt versions a try. At that price, why not. The only risk is to your $40 laser diode. But sometimes it's worth the risk to be the first to experiment. I remember someone talking about LED drivers as laser drivers, but don't remember if there was a drawback.

I read about someone saying they actually were using the first one with an A130 or A140 diode, and they didn't mention any problems.

Use the top driver. It works gorgeously with an A140 diode. You need more than 1 lithium rechargeable though to stay in regulation.

Anybody ever have any luck with the amc7135? I don't have a scope, so I don't know how safe it drives, but with a single chip it powered my 445 quite nicely. I also use the same single chip design with the reds. If you solder the chip to the leads instead of the leads to the chip's circuit board, you can fit it all insie the aixiz. Red hasn't died yet, blue was just tested, still have some work to do on it.

a common linear current sink driver in the flashlight hobby. If you see driver boards with varying numbers of identical chips, these are them.

for each 7135 in parallel, the driver will allow 350mA through. So 2 7135 chips paralleled will let 700mA through, etc.

a common linear current sink driver in the flashlight hobby. If you see driver boards with varying numbers of identical chips, these are them.

for each 7135 in parallel, the driver will allow 350mA through. So 2 7135 chips paralleled will let 700mA through, etc.

Humm. Neat. Are these inexpensive, readily available, and small?

Erm, 3 chips. Sounds pretty neat, though. Is the voltage via boost or linear dropout?

They say 3W 1050mA...that wouldn't provide enough voltage for a 445 build.

Last edited: