Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragonlasers changed their 589s again.

Encap

Most likely. Kinda sucks how sparse and far between yellow are. I mean, 589nm handheld's can still be found from a couple manufactures, but as far as I know only LaserGlow still offers 593.5nm handhelds. Their Rigel, is $599 which is a ridiculous price for <5mW of 593.5nm. They also offer a 593.5nm Vega-6 which peaks at ~6mW for $699.

Kinda crazy when you think of all other re-sellers prices being around $200 cheaper!

:yh:

-Alex

589nm can still be found from a couple of manufacturers????
What manufacturers/whch manufacturers?

There is only one manufacturer on the planet, that I am aware of, that is routinely making stock 589nm hand held lasers for sale to distributors like Dragon Lasers and Laseglow who then resell at retail proces the CNI 589nm handhelds to end users. Same goes for 593.5 LaserGlow resells is just another CNI manufactured unit.

I would imagine by this time everyone knows neither Dragon lasers nor LaserGlow make/manufacture anything other than marketing propaganda and noises. Dragon Lasers makes nothing and LaserGlow also makes nothing--they are both retail resellers of CNI manufactured product.

Last edited:

589nm can still be found from a couple of manufacturers????
What manufacturers/whch manufacturers?

The is only one manufacturer on the planet, that I am aware of, that is routinely making stock 589nm hand held lasers for sale to distributors like Dragon Lasers and Laseglow who then resell at retail proces the CNI 589nm handhelds to end users. Same goes for 593.5 LaserGlow resells is just another CNI manufactured unit.

I would imagine by this time everyone knows neither Dragon lasers nor LaserGlow make/manufacture anything other than marketing propaganda and noises .Dragon Lasers makes nothing and LaserGlow also makes nothing--they are both retail resellers of CNI manufactured product.

Yes, sorry for my wording. I should of said "re-sellers". 589's are still quite available from the sources you listed above. You can still find 593.5nm actually from Eforce(in AU) but their prices are on par with LaserGlow, possibly even higher!

Then you have to take into account the shipping etc... Going to fire up my 589 now! :D

-Alex

Encap

Yes, sorry for my wording. I should of said "re-sellers". 589's are still quite available from the sources you listed above. You can still find 593.5nm actually from Eforce(in AU) but their prices are on par with LaserGlow, possibly even higher!

Then you have to take into account the shipping etc... Going to fire up my 589 now! :D

-Alex

It is important for the sake of the credibility of LPF and LPF veterans, not to knowingly mislead people with misimformation like: "I mean, 589nm handheld's can still be found from a couple manufactures, but as far as I know only LaserGlow still offers 593.5nm handhelds." which is daydream not tied to any reality except your imagination. Why make up such an unnecessary fairy tale version of the real world.

The only manufacturer of 589nm and 593.5 nm hand held lasers as a standard item is CNI. Every distributor of CNI products is capable of taking an order for and supplying a 593.5 nm or 589nm hand held laser if the wish to do so---that includes CNI itself and 21 Distributors Worldwide ---all listed here: Contact CNI