Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dorcy Jr button

My button on my dorcy flashlight is backwards. Like in the off position the push button is down in the rubber housing. so when I turn it on the button is up. This angers me because you should be able to push the button half way down, if the switch was in right, and momentarily have the light on and when you let off the light will go off this means that you can have it on for just a split second. In my flashlight its reversed i can have it momentarily off but not on. This makes me very ANGRY!!! :mad: Is any one also have this issue with their dorcy lights if so is there a way to take apart the switch and reverse it, I just don't want to break it or I would tear into it. Please Help.

If this is the worst thing happening in your life, you are truly blessed.
If I were in your position, I would treasure that malfunctioning Dorcy Jr. on/off button as a symbol of my good fortune and God's grace and mercy upon my life.

But if all you want to do is fix it, then take it apart and fix it.
The button is the only moving part in most flashlights, so they know it's going to break eventually, so they make getting to it to fix or replace it fairly easy.

some are designed this way, i know one of my DX lasers was.
its called a reverse clicky i think.
its to prevent accidently turning it on in a pocket and such.

But its easier for the light to turn on when the button is reversed because the switch doesn't have to go down as far to turn it on so it barely needs to be pressed to turn it on.