Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Don't laugh at me now.

DTR

A140 445nm. Could I just solder the case pin on the diode to the negative lead on the diode? like bridge them together? Then I just connect the positive wire only to my driver and it should work yeah?

Just to follow up and make sure to be clear with this host and the X-drive you can run the case pin back to the driver negative input for path to ground but you can not bridge the case pin with the negative pin on the diode making the whole negative side continuous unless you get a special continuous ground X-drive.:beer:

Also you should be just fine with 1.7A. Just about every build thread in my tutorial section was a A140 driven @ 1.8A. Never had any problems.;)

Thanks DTR! That's exactly what I've done. I got the X-drive v7 and I read that it's not continuous ground. However when I ran a multimeter in continuity mode from the X-drive output ground to the input ground it beeped. To me that would be continuous ground but maybe I'm wrong? +Rep to you!