Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Done! (Modyfied Dorcy jr)..DONE!!!!!!

Done! (Modyfied Dorcy jr)..DONE!!!!!!

so i wanted to build a blu ray on a dorcy jr, but i wanted to use the rckstr driver because i read that the otherone pulsated at low batt power. so i decided to cut the dorcy in half and add an extension to it made out of aluminum tubbing. this way i could use 3 cr123's instead of just one, and have the sufficient voltage (~9 volts) to power this thing. all im waiting on is to get more money so i can buy the other 2 batteries lol, but i will finish soldering the driver to the host tommorrow, then i will try it out with a test load. [highlight]I will use the DT0811 it was the one i got when i took apart the hd dvd drive from a xbox 360, any recomendations on current input on that thing????[/highlight]

Attachments

• IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 85

Re: Almost Done!

- the little red dot on the inside left is the wire that goes to ground, the piece of metal on the right goes to power.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 89

That looks nice,what was the cost on the total build?
Sometimesoon I plan on taking up my own custom build in the near future lol

ska8r411 said:
That looks nice,what was the cost on the total build?
Sometimesoon I plan on taking up my own custom build in the near future lol

not sure lol, havent put it all together. its my first build ever too! hope it works...
lets see
xbox 360 hd dvd drive $40
dorcy jr ~ $25
rckstr diver $15 (ithink)
test load $11
housing $5
dark horse heatsink $17
add S & H and what do you get??? .... a very expensive hobby!! ;D ;D
(also add a cheap soldering iron, solder, flux and batteries i guess) but all this will pay for itself in time with the next builds lol :cool:

Re: Almost Done! (Modyfied Dorcy jr)..DONE!!!!!!

Its finished finally!!! and its a really cool color, better than what i expected it to be. and as i have read from others my camera as well cant capture the color of this thing. i gotta wait for night time to see it outside.... its running at around 96 mA so it should last a while, and with 3 cr123's i should get a good battery life.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 79
Re: Almost Done! (Modyfied Dorcy jr)..DONE!!!!!!

here is another. I really used to like my 5 mW greenie, but this is my new favorite, specially because i made it, :D (with the help ofcourse of u guys and the dark horse heatsink and rckstr microdriver) ;D

Attachments

• IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 82

Joe

Re:  Done! (Modyfied Dorcy jr)..DONE!!!!!!

Very nice! What mw did you go with?

Doesn't it feel good when you get all your parts together, sit down with some spare time, put everything together, turn it on, & poof beautiful violet-blue color? Must be nice, I've yet to see that. I have a list of dead diodes as long as my arm :'( :'( :'( But I'll get it right one of these days ;)

Joe said:
Very nice! What mw did you go with?

Thanks!! Test load said around 96.5mW or so, i didnt use the auto discharge thing cause i wanted the most acurate reading! but ima take it to the University here, they should have something to measure it. I also opened up the plastic part of the lens so more light gets through, that should have increased it, but i dont know by how much. ive been playing with it and the batteries are still going strong so im happy with the build. :D ;D