Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

Daedal

Bionic-Badger said:
Oh yeah, are these any different than the previous batch of Blu Ray assemblies? Or is it just that the Axiz modules suck now?
Just the AixiZ :mad:

--DDL

Daedal

Kenom said:
Daedals not the only one that has noticed a dramatic decrease in quality of the Aixiz modules. Greg has recieved about 20-30 that have holes that are too big for the diode to fit snugly. they just slide right back out. This coupled with the slow rate at which aixiz ships and no longer coming with the silver focus rings has prompted me to no longer take my business there. I have bought all of my latest modules from DX and the shipping has never taken more than 3 weeks plus if you get the line generator you can remove it and have it for later.

Agreed... I will start buying the DX modules from now on. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stupid AixiZ is not interested in growing as a business it seems! :-?

--DDL

DDL-

If you end up with a bunch that have broken windows or pins, what would you want for 'em? I'm willing to try and salvage even the worst-looking of the buggers. :p

yuip

Re: DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

Hey Daedal,

Sorry to hear about the blown diodes. It's a shame that the AixiZ modules are going downhill. I wonder if the quality is decreasing because the manufacturer is having to make much more than usual.

If that's the case, chances are high that when DX runs out of their current stock of well-machined modules they'll get a shipment of the bad ones with the 5mW diode covered in epoxy to hold it into the housing. DealExtreme has to be buying them from the same manufacturer that AixiZ buys them from, no?  :-/

Daedal

I have a doubt about that... I'm sure the reason AixiZ now thinks they 'got it covered' is because they are machining them somewhere new or they're making them on their own... hence the horrid quality! :mad:

--DDL

I know, the lens on my aixiz wobbles insanley but i solved the problem i found some teflon thread seal tape, i dont know where it came from but its meant for that so i wraped it aroundthe threads and now it works ;D

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

re all of the above...
BUY UP On THE KENOM BARRELS!!! :p
Solves SOOO many probs. see

sparks

Daedal said:
[quote author=danq link=1193705297/150#150 date=1196611526]Daedal - bring the price back up a bit for the next batch - enough to cover your new rate of kills, plus the current ones. We all trust you're doing the best can be done.

DanQ

DanQ, thank you very much for your suggestion. Although, I don't think that the price of the parts should be raised. Rather, the price for the salvage. I am raising the price of the salvage now to $15 instead of $10. It is not a big change, but enough of a change to put people off... I know. And I'm sorry. But honestly. The new AixiZ modules are not as good as the older ones. They even have the lathe marks on the side of the barrels... as in, they're not polished clean (corner cost cuts  :-?), and some of the barrels don't even screw onto the heads (all will be tested before being sent out for those who ordered the kits and such). I'd like to promise better, but given how different these new housings are, I can't  :-[

I honestly just wish the best of luck for those who bought the diodes without the salvage option.

GL;
DDL[/quote]

Daedal,

Once I get mine, I'll gladly send you some more cash for your time and to cover the yield problems.

Steve

Anyone else notice the new Aixiz barrels backs are somewhat rounded and not perfectly flat like the older ones? And yeah, ive noticed that the threads are all retarded. i have to screw and unscrew them like 10 times to get them to tighten all the way :mad:

Too bad Sony doesn't sell these in bulk. I tried looking to see if any companies sold Blu-Rays in bulk. But all I got was a list of Blu-Ray laser diodes that Sony has available in their products and diodes that they are working on for future products. Guess we'll have to wait until later when they do (when Blu-Ray becomes much more popular).

I agree with Sparks, I'll be sending some more cash to cover losses. I tried the whole salvage thing with the blues and I was glad to see you offer it on your latest GBs.

sparks

Daedal said:
Thank you very much Sparks... you are too kind.  :)

--DDL

DDL,

Now, how can I do it?  Can you set up your google pay page just to order the "salvage" only without the diode?  I'll send you another $15 if you can.

Steve

WahHK

If the broken window diodes could still emmit laser, I would like to buy 2 of them at a lower price :)

Daedal

Very sorry all... today was not a good day to get caught up... I have only a few packages left and they should be done by tomorrow and will ship out most probably the day after. I was out today from 7AM until now... and am heading to bed as I am VERY exhausted... I'm afraid if I touch a laser now I'll kill it simply because I don't even see straight anymore :eek:

I am very sorry again... The orders have been divided and made ready, the only thing left is to package them all and ship them out. I'll do that tomorrow, print out the labels and send them out Wednesday to everyone. :)

--DDL