Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does Anyone know where i can get survival lasers goggles in the UK?

Platupus999

So i am going to buy a pair of eagle pair survival laser goggles. However i live in the UK and shipping to me cost £11 ($15) which is quite alot. I would like to know if there is anywhere for me to buy this laser goggles in the UK without me have to pay an exorbitant amount of money for shipping? Yes i could just pay the money but i do not have much money and i really need a pair of goggles to protect my eyes?

These goggles will be used to protect me against 405nm so i assume this is the right goggles to use?

Attachments

• g.PNG
    g.PNG
    76.5 KB · Views: 0

Encap

Last edited:

Platupus999

yes but when i get into more high power stuff i will need better goggles + i do not trust a pair of £5 goggles, the ones on ebay are more expensive

This is a great hobby and it can be expensive, but also very affordable if your patient and you can save money if you shop around, but eye safety is the one area where you should never go cheap, wait until you can get good laser safety glasses.

Encap

Odic force is a very reliable, honest, and knowledgeable supplier.
You keep crying poverty /no money, so I pointed out the economy goggles Odic offers for people in your situation in UK that are more than enough for a 50mW 405nm laser.
5GBP added to the cost of what you are doing in the real world is not much.
Buy one of Odic's Eagle Pairs for 40GBP if you want better for some future imagined use.

Nobody else in UK stocks any as far as I am aware---such little demand for goggles from only within the UK for use in UK that nobody bothers to compete with all the others selling same from wherever, no money to be made doing so would be my guess.
Odic Force in one of the few who sells laser related in UK who is actually in the UK.

Search Eagle pair laser goggles on eBay---will be about the same price as from Survival Laser but several offer free shipping. Will be from China so you will have to wait a bit for a shipment to arrive.
Try asking the manufacturer if anyone in UK stocks their Eagle Pair goggles ---- email them--the manufacturer is : http://www.eaglelaser.cn/En/GoodsList/832/

Lasers are an affordable hobby but not a low cost hobby, generally speaking.

PS Are you aware 50mW 405nm will not be very bright visually and difficult for eyes to focus on being at the edge of visible -- at same output power of 50mW -- 445nm blue is 10X brighter than 405nm---532nm green is approx. 100X brighter than 405nm
If you want see what you are getting into and save time and trouble, see what a 50mW 405nm is like--- you can get one on eBay UK for 5.66GBP including shipping, they are typically in the range of 50mW to 100mW-- luck of the draw as to what exact output is, see: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10000m-4...sh=item5daedb68ce:g:li0AAOSwTr1ei~-y#shpCntId

Last edited: