Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you ALWAYS wear safety glasses?

I use goggles when burning and in danger of bad reflections.

360freak said:
[quote author=LazerGuy link=1214252093/0#10 date=1214347333]I think that he posted it here because there was a discussion about safety and glasses in a topic in the red lases section. Then he forgot to change the section with his new topic.

But I agree with you Ace, c0ld should move this topic to where it really belongs, the "safety" section.

I think that it is a little frightening that so many people NEVER uses safety glasses, 9 out of 22 voters ATM!

That's exactly what happened. By the way..who are the mods on the forum? Come to think of it, I haven't really seen them.[/quote]
There are no moderators on here.

i only use goggles when im trying to blow up planets with my 1,000,000,000,000W green death star laser
;D

DeathStar3.jpg

Only glasses when burning stuff or when I use the laser on objects with unpredictable reflections (like crystals).

I only use goggles where there is a chance of dangerous reflections, or if I'm doing something where I look at the dot for a while, like power testing and burning :)

I currently don't own any goggles, so I keep my lasers away from all shiny objects and check for possible reflections.

Can't afford goggles right now. If you're willing to donate me a pair ;), that can be arranged. :D

Well I just got a 50mW green laser and use it inside with no glasses. Getting a dx200mw red laser and want to do some burning so will get some glasses.

I burned some holes in a black plastic bag with my 50Mw laser without glasses, just shielded my eyes with my hand to stop beam getting in my eyes. The laser has an IR filter.

One thing that puzzles me, is if many green cheap lasers put out IR will the glasses stop this also?

denodan said:
Well I just got a 50mW green laser and use it inside with no glasses. Getting a dx200mw red laser and want to do some burning so will get some glasses.

I burned some holes in a black plastic bag with my 50Mw laser without glasses, just shielded my eyes with my hand to stop beam getting in my eyes. The laser has an IR filter.

One thing that puzzles me, is if many green cheap lasers put out IR will the glasses stop this also?

Only glasses that have an OD rating for 1064nm and 808nm. I've seen some cheap ones on eBay, just search for 'laser goggles.'

Try these, they have OD4 for most wavelengths. Any comments on whether these are good or not?