Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do I need a lens?

C6 Cree flashlight host
M140 laser module

Do I need a lens? If so where do it get one/ put it?

The video I'm learning from doesn't mention one

Yes you need a lens. Get a 3 element glass for beam specs or a G2 glass lens for up to 30% power increase with a sacrifice of divergence. I like both depending on the l applications. Also I think acrylic lenses have the best specs for producing a nice tight beam and keeping divergence down but they will not work with high powered lasers. I'd keep it under 500mw with an acrylic to be safe. They will melt.

Last edited:
C6 Cree flashlight host
M140 laser module

Do I need a lens? If so where do it get one/ put it?

The video I'm learning from doesn't mention one

xirrious is entirely correct about all 3 lenses. You can buy the M140 module with or without a lens. If you buy the lens separately you can get them from DTR: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/glass-lenses or Survival Laser USA: Lenses non US customers: Lenses or buy them from AixiZ: AixiZ Blue Laser Glass Lens for 405-455nm, AixiZ

Alan

RayJay

If you need some help with building shoot me a PM.. I can give you a hand start to finish if you want. I see you have been having some trouble from your post history.

I've offered to build him a 501b as I have two sitting around. And I think we decided 445 with a 3e lens to match the blue anodized host. We will see though