Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do any of the DX greens defocus to a wide beam

Does anyone know if any of the green lasers from DX can be focussed to a fairly wide spot, eg 10cm @ 1m?

Switch

I don't know if they can be "de-focused" that much.But the dilda and the baton style green lasers are focusable, so you might wanna give those a look. :p

Thanks for the replies. Those listed look like good possibilities. I am also interested in any that could be modded for adjustable focus.

EDIT: I've just been looking around at some greenies on DX and it seems that they may be adjustable once the front cap is taken off. Razako, I noticed you got the Romisen 30mW. Is the focus adjustable once it's taken apart? Do you think it's a worthwhile purchase? As you may have guessed I am purchasing my first laser so I don't know how they fit together...

The laser in the Romisen I have, popped out, and subsequently ruined (somehow), never had any focusable element, just a plastic lens in the front of the module.  You'll want to get something like that focusable unit DX and KD sell instead.  Romisens are also pretty poorly made, especially how the board is unsupported in the module.  I'd get one of the tail-end clickies instead, and they're really easy to dismantle.

dar303

I have also tried to defocus DX-modules but one lens is often glued in place so I guess that the way to do it is with external optics, a viewfinder from any old analog camera would do it I think.

My KD 150mW Focusable green just came today, its awesome! and the focus is great! its a nice clean flood dot. i recommend this laser! You can use the focus for a large dot or up close burning.