Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DLP laser array

Hey guys,

Ive been thinking of a project I am really interested in building. Unfortunately the project I want to undertake needs several DLP laser arrays and so far I haven't been able to scavenge any is there a list of known DLP projectors that have arrays?

ive found several on ebay

Nichia NUBM08T 445nm 35W High Power Multi LD Bank Blue Laser Diode Array | eBay
and

Nichia NUBM07E 465nm 28W High Power Multi LD Bank Blue Laser Diode Array | eBay

But I am not wanting to spend nearly that much money on these laser arrays. if anyone knows a site to buy fair priced diodes/drivers that will work also laser arrays are preferred though. thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

You might have better luck with the Kasio M140 arrays. They will do 2 watts of 445nm per diode. Otherwise, you are probably SOL as the higher power arrays are not cheap.

Reactions: GSS
New Nichia 450 460nm Blue Laser Diode Module 8 3 5W 28 5W NUBM05 | eBay

Make him an offer, start low.

I know the NUBM06 has a pretty good factory focus, about 5 x 25 mm spot at 15 feet, but the NUBM07 is 25 x 50 mm at 15 feet, the NUBM05 I have not tested but I think they are Gball lensed NDB7A75's so they could have the earlier tighter emitters.

Nichia NUBM06 445nm 32W High Power Multi LD Bank Blue Laser Diode Array | eBay

for short range the NUBM06 block would be fun, here's a single NUBM06 diode with the factory Gball lens still intact, I just mounted it in a MX-900 flashlight with a bar stock sink and a 4.5 amp SXD driver.

The specs are for each diode, not the entire blocks.
The NUBM08 makes a 25 x 75mm rectangle at 15 feet, useless for burning.
The NUBM07 makes a 25 x 50mm rectangle at 15 feet, again useless for burning.
The NUBM06 makes a 5 x 25mm line at 15 feet and smoke pours off of plywood.

I don't know what you want to do, but if using the factory lens I like the NUBM06.

If you want a collimated spotlight the old m-140 or even A-130 works well right out of the machine.

These are the old a-130 or M-140 blocks with knife edge arrays.

You do know about laser safety right?
Laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength you are working with are a must wear.

You can get them here: http://www.survivallaserusa.com/Safety_Goggles/cat1667093_1527285.aspx

P.S. These make a LOT of waste heat, you will need some cooling, what kind of project are you thinking about ?

Last edited:
You might have better luck with the Kasio M140 arrays. They will do 2 watts of 445nm per diode. Otherwise, you are probably SOL as the higher power arrays are not cheap.

Thanks a lot for replying do you know of anyplace that I can purchase the Kasio M140 arrays that you trust?

New Nichia 450 460nm Blue Laser Diode Module 8 3 5W 28 5W NUBM05 | eBay

Make him an offer, start low.

I know the NUBM06 has a pretty good factory focus, about 5 x 25 mm spot at 15 feet, but the NUBM07 is 25 x 50 mm at 15 feet, the NUBM05 I have not tested but I think they are Gball lensed NDB7A75's so they could have the earlier tighter emitters.

Nichia NUBM06 445nm 32W High Power Multi LD Bank Blue Laser Diode Array | eBay

for short range the NUBM06 block would be fun, here's a single NUBM06 diode with the factory Gball lens still intact, I just mounted it in a MX-900 flashlight with a bar stock sink and a 4.5 amp SXD driver.

The specs are for each diode, not the entire blocks.
The NUBM08 makes a 25 x 75mm rectangle at 15 feet, useless for burning.
The NUBM07 makes a 25 x 50mm rectangle at 15 feet, again useless for burning.
The NUBM06 makes a 5 x 25mm line at 15 feet and smoke pours off of plywood.

I don't know what you want to do, but if using the factory lens I like the NUBM06.

If you want a collimated spotlight the old m-140 or even A-130 works well right out of the machine.

These are the old a-130 or M-140 blocks with knife edge arrays.

You do know about laser safety right?
Laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength you are working with are a must wear.

You can get them here: Safety Goggles

P.S. These make a LOT of waste heat, you will need some cooling, what kind of project are you thinking about ?

RGR,

Thanks for the useful information I appreciate it a lot! ill make him an offer now and see how that turns out. Ill go with the NUBM06 to simply the project of not needing another lens at least initially. Ill also look around hopefully I could find some old a-130 or M-140's. thanks for supplying the link to the safety goggles I have a pair though :p ive always been paranoid about being blinded so I tend to take it more seriously hah

You could post a WTB thread ( wanted to buy ), but by now you will likely get used parts unless you buy whole NOS projectors and they are expensive, but these are not long range useful other than as a super blue spotlight.

What kind of project are you doing?

Here's an old video showing the old m-140' and how they group as little spotlights at distance.

MM diodes are not like single mode lasers and are hard to focus at distance.

You would do better to get a big DJ LED spotlight depending on your project.

If you want to light a match at a 100 feet 1 properly focused laser works better than a bunch of mildly focused clumped together.

Last edited:

its a bit of a long story so pretty much ive been experimenting with magnetic motors/fields with conductors and ultra conductors to try and yield a successful way of generating electricity. pretty much I want Y coming out to equal more then X going in. At first I initially started out with try an Imbalanced system then went to an induction repulsion system and finally stayed with the exchange force pull system it being my favorite I started studying more into Mobius strips and came across this video HERE which peaked my interest in Superconductors which led me to study up and find out that a team of engineers got a Superconductor at room temperature via laser pulses what's interesting is it was for a very very brief moment millionth of a millisecond. it seems it caused the material to oscillate which double the copper oxide in the YBCO material or Yttrium barium copper oxide family.

I don't believe ill be able to achieve anything but I enjoy lasers and projects so it will be fun in the long run. so now im buying diodes that vary in Wattage(mw),Nm. not really the first reason you come to a laser forum but I remember it from when I first joined and got help

Last edited:
You do know that the hardest part about building a perpetual motion machine is finding a good place to hide the batteries. :p

You do know that the hardest part about building a perpetual motion machine is finding a good place to hide the batteries. :p

Right hah!! Logicaly i believe its feasable through some combination of materials. Its fun to test out other peoples ideas and learn along the way. I do hate the FREE ENERGY tag i see everywhere on social media and youtube.