Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DL 125 or EVO 125?

OK, so i have about $330 to spend. I could either, get the DL 125 and have an extra ~$250 in wicked bucks to spend at WL (get a pulsar?). OR, i could spend both the $330 and all my Wicked Bucks and get the EVO 125... I like the EVO better because it can dissipate heat better, but is it really worth $200 more? What do you think?

T

timelord

$200 is a lot of money so really it's down to you what you do with your money. I know 100% that if you asked this question on the LC all the little school kids and Steve worshippers will tell you EVO. My DL 125 is doing 135mw and the divergance and burning power is good too. So it's up to you, this is my beam on my DL 125mw see for yourself the divergance ;)

Attachments

• S1030200_640x480_001.JPG
    S1030200_640x480_001.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 124
T

timelord

The Viper gets warm like any laser i've laser checked mine and it was doing about 120mw when warm after 1 minute.

qwerty

wait what? negative divergance? like the beam gets smaller first, then bigger? that one small small is infinetly small, it would be sweet for burning. when i put my mag glass in front of the laser, the beam gets really fat, but then starts to get smaller. once it gets infinetly small, it starts to widen realy fast. i can burn anything at that one point. (practically anything, not like metal or whatever.)

P

Placebo

What you need to do is go directly to Sam's Laser FAQ and begin reading. There is an extensive section on Diode and DPSS lasers that is absolutely phenominal and after arming yourself with the superb laser knowlege therein, you'll be ready to ask vendors like Dragon and WL and all the others specific questions about thier products and make the right choice guaranteed! Don't be scared, it's technical, but nothing you can't handle! Go for it!