Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY step by step tutorial

hey guys, i signed up for this forum awhile ago, and i found it in my bookmarks! looks like i'll be here awhile. i even made myself a neat little signature

still making an avatra though

anyways

what would i need in order make myself a DIY laser

i'm getting into this hobby. well i've always been interested in lasers, but past the burning and cool effects, it's actually quite interesting if you go in-depth.

is there a stickied tutorial i can follow along? one for beginners specifically?

housing recommendations, diodes, equipment(everything you need to take up lasers as a hobby in general)

would be very much appreciated

thanks

S

SenKat

Read lots of the threads in this section - it is a great starting point....The DIY guides that Kenom has put together are informative, and entertaining :)

chimo

Did you not notice all the DIY threads at the top of this forum?

yeah i did...otherwise i wouldn't have started a new thread

those threads aren;t really specific in terms of beginners. so the terms you guys use isn't, how should i put it...
well, the tone you guys use around here isn't very colloquial. so everything is apples and oranges to me. i have very little experience even with basic circuitry. but if that's the way things run here, i'll do a bit more research and try the stickies

thanks.

chimo

Korean_boi said:
yeah i did...otherwise i wouldn't have started a new thread

those threads aren;t really specific in terms of beginners. so the terms you guys use isn't, how should i put it...
well, the tone you guys use around here isn't very colloquial. so everything is apples and oranges to me. i have very little experience even with basic circuitry. but if that's the way things run here, i'll do a bit more research and try the stickies

thanks.

Some of the DIYs are as basic as they can be already. They range from simply getting a laser diode (LD), Aixiz module and plugging it into a minimag (not recommended for long LD life) to the more complicated ones of fabricating your own drivers, heatsinks, etc.

High power laser diodes can get expensive, so unless money is no object, I would recommend lots of reading prior to experimenting.