Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY driver problem

last night i had a great conversation with a friend that is an electrical engineer, i had showed him a 50mw green ponter i had and was talking about wanting to build a couple of lasers . His ears perked up when i mentioned the drivers, he drew up some basic driver schematics and helped me get alot better understanding on how they work ,and also offered to show me how to build my own driver and maybe even hekp build a couple before he moves to germany around x-mas:cryyy: anyways after reading some threads today about drivers i have a wayyy better understanding of how this is going to work out.
anyways gata were in the same town and when i get my first laser completed we should meet up and compare notes and of course light up the sky ( in a safe and responsible way of course)

well im pretty new to most of this so im going to start with a 405. I would also like toput together a nice 532 probobly around 200 mw if possible. I also should be getting a 445 500mw from yobresal.long term i would really like to build a projector :drool: but for now i happy to learn as much as i can from everyone here.

I actually want to eventually build a DPSS. Thats a really long ways off but i can still want to do it. I will build a green pointer with a green module soon though.

No reason to get defensive, I was under the impression he was attempting to build a green rather than just using a module.

you guys were both right i want to build both but, i'll be building the DPSS after i know alot more than i do now thats all.

Yeah, good idea is to start with the module and get comfy with diode lasers. Like you said get to know stuff :)

Gata

I didn't mean that in a defensive way, but Im sorry if you took it that way.

I think I am ending up like the "Justin Bieber hate". Not compare to him but it's turing out like one person starts to hate and then everyone else does just to fit in. People seem to think I am arrogant or a troll because I speak my mind.

I'm too much of a conservative for people to like.

I am on the last page for rep order. Crazy

I was gonna say something earlier about how they all jumped on toaster just because he wanted a different way to solve his problem than the usual, and people just kept saying the same thing even though it had been said 50 times already. Iono, it happens. I try to just lay low. Rep also has a lot to do with how many friends you have, and how many friends your enemies have.

Thanks guys. If you look on my rep page, one guy gave me -rep simply because I said the Rep doesn't mean anything. Ha oh well. It's alright guys. Thanks