Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY audio amplifier opinion

Hi! :yh:

Sometime ago my uncle told me that he wanna use two speakers into her computer, he asked how the connections should be done, I said that to use the full power of the speakers he will need a audio amplifier, since I like to build things and had many experiences building audio amplifiers, I offered myself to build one.

Is based in a TDA1553CQ, the circuit is very simple (only 4 components) and have 22+22W of power. This CI is intended to be used in car, so it takes 12V~18V of input voltage and its outputs are BTL (this means no boucherot cell at the output), more power, less voltage and the efficiency of class B amplifier.

I wanna know, what you think about the aesthetics? Is the first audio amplifier that I build using MDF shapes, it uses a Pentium II heatsink, the same way that my 450nm laser does. Since is pure handmade, isn't perfect and have some defects.

P1510506.JPG

P1510507.JPG

P1510508.JPG

P1510509.JPG

P1510510.JPG

ped

Those Pentium II coolers come in handy for all kinds of things don't they :)

Looks good. I like that you stained/varnished the MDF, gives it character. =)

Looks good. I like that you stained/varnished the MDF, gives it character. =)

:yh:

The MDF alone looks very ugly! I used to use transparent varnish, but I couldn't find it to buy.

Last edited: