Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Divergence of beams of powerful diodes

Foton-4n

Greetings comrades! I don't know English well, so sorry in advance!
I want to use a powerful 660-638nm laser, but I am not satisfied with the large divergence of the Oclaro HL63193MG diode beam. Are there diodes in which the divergence will not exceed the divergence of the PLTB450B diode with a power of at least 700mV, but the higher the better!
Maybe it makes sense in Mitsubishi ML501P73
I was just disappointed in the red diodes that are powerful with acceptable divergence.

Last edited:

Giannis_TDM

Greetings comrades! I don't know English well, so sorry in advance!
I want to use a powerful 660-638nm laser, but I am not satisfied with the large divergence of the Oclaro HL63193MG diode beam. Are there diodes in which the divergence will not exceed the divergence of the PLTB450B diode with a power of at least 700mV, but the higher the better!
Maybe it makes sense in Mitsubishi ML501P73
I was just disappointed in the red diodes that are powerful with acceptable divergence.
Best multimode red with good divergence is the sharp one you can see in my sig, But fair warning I suggest not running them at 700mw, Its kind of an unsafe zone for that diode 650-600 is better. Its divergence is about half of the Oclaro.

Sharp GH0637AA2G

Near PLT450B divergence, slightly worse but close.

Use a G7 or G8 lens.