Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Disregard this thread.

daguin

Re: Hercules-500 Power @ Lower Price?

xJumper said:
Now I know the LG Hercules 500 is the real most powerful hand held laser and it's all well crafted, good quality, reliable, and can be left on until the battery or diode dies but if all your aiming at is power couldn't you just get 6 X-100's from Nova @ 200$ each for a total of 1200$ and use one of those special prisms that combines beams and get a higher power for a quarter of the price?

You COULD, but it would take five PBS cubes and a significant amount of work to get everything lined up right.  Even if you did all that work and were successful, you still would not have a compact hand held "portable" laser like the Herc.

If all you were aiming at was power, you could get a 500mW labby for less and you wouldn't need to do any work ;)

Peace,
dave

TRUE! The lab lasers, never thought of that! ty

I managed to get a 350mw (averages out at more than that) green lab laser off Ebay for under $600.00...blindingly bright and burns like crazy! IMO that's the way to go if you don't need portability.

Can you use mutiple PBS cubes in a Row? i was just told you cant :-? :-/