Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Direction help

I am new to this forum, so please be nice :eek: and forgive my ignorance. I am already in the process of searching and reading for the answers to what I am about to ask, but, for the sake of time, I am making this post in hopes that someone knows where I can find my answer(s).

I ordered a <100mW 405nm laser a while back (from a Chinese wholsaler :banghead:) without doing my research, and of course it worked two times before dying completely. So, instead of buying a new laser, I am going to attempt to extend my expertise and intellect into amateur laser building. I'm in my 3rd year of electrical engineering at a 4 yr university also (for whatever that's worth).

This is what I am working with (when I used my vice to take out the driver and such I'm sure I broke a small piece):
IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

I am just looking to see what I need to buy and do in order to get this laser up and running again. Any help (or direction to another pertinent thread) is much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!

You should probably take some more photos of the brass housing that contains the laser diode. Maybe you could replace the diode in there with another, and some other driver.

Also, make sure the photos are in focus. The key to taking sharp photos for this forum is to photograph the subject while in focus (even when zoomed out), and then cropping the image to the area of interest--but you have to make sure it's in focus first.