Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

diode store?

is there any way to buy diodes separately other than via the internet? are there any stores that sell them?

You can get like a 16x dvd burner (not dvd reader a dvd burner) they have closed cans so there not as fragile as higher ones, it can be hard to get the diode out of it tho.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Abray

yeah I have never heard of a diode store. uless you purchase them in large quantities maybe...

but I really wish there were a store. The way I am getting diodes is to order them off the internet or salvage them from dvd burners

yeah i USED to buy them from Senkat, but now that option is gone because my parents decided that the proper use of my debit card was not buying laser parts online, so they promptly confiscated it. i have a 16x dvd burner, but i really don't plan on dismantling that any time soon... so i have no clue where to get my diodes now, unless anyone knows of a laser parts store that accepts cash through the mail :-/

Abray

aw that stinks!

I am only 15, so I don't even have any cards, but my parents let me buy 2 blu rays and parts.

the only reason they let me do that was because they thought it was a WAY better idea than buying a high powered green laser that cost 4 times as much. lol. But, eventually, I will have to try out a high powered green laser.

S

SenKat

stackingmont - if you email or PM me with your intentions, I can give you a total, and you can send a Money order through the mail to me. Help is but a PM or a post away, folks....ask and you shall receive :)