Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode removal

Hi lads, a few of you know I'm new to the laser world and am currently experimenting braking and building my own. Just a quick question.. Is there a tool or how is the best way to remove a diode from its housing without breaking it. Is there a factory sealant holding it in to the brass housing?? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 146

Hi,
CK is correct DTR and Flamingpyro and Survival Laser and JRob
sells what you need to press the diode in or out. All of them have an outstanding Rep in the forum and are the go to guys. Just remember there are never enough tools..

Rich:)

Hi,
CK is correct DTR and Flamingpyro and Survival Laser and JRob
sells what you need to press the diode in or out. All of them have an outstanding Rep in the forum and are the go to guys. Just remember there are never enough tools..

I know buddy, I'm a mechanic... They're never enough tools!!

Have you got a press kit for sale?

Unfortunately I do not have an extra press kit. Sorry man. You just want to press in or out? Or both?

The press removal kits AFAIK only Flaminpyro sells them. He hasn't been around the forum as much so getting those quickly might be out of the question.

Unfortunately I do not have an extra press kit. Sorry man. You just want to press in or out? Or both?

The press removal kits AFAIK only Flaminpyro sells them. He hasn't been around the forum as much so getting those quickly might be out of the question.

I want one just to have there basically. I want to start building my own so will need a kit. I'll search him and give him a mail anyway, thanks for your help. Big help !

Hi M,
If you do buy those diode press sets buy all the sizes if your going to build on your own. They come in 3.8 ,5.6, and 9mm get a complete set to press in and extract the diodes. and some 26 AWG wire and some shrink tubing.

Hi M,
If you do buy those diode press sets buy all the sizes if your going to build on your own. They come in 3.8 ,5.6, and 9mm get a complete set to press in and extract the diodes. and some 26 AWG wire and some shrink tubing.

Will do!! Thanks for the advice pal thank you !